FORMAL MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
January 3, 2017
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Knobloch
- Pledge of Allegiance – Councilmember Rech
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. CST on January 17, 2017 in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- City Hall will be closed January 16, 2017 in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday.
- Qualifying period for the municipal elections began today and ends at 5:00 p.m. March 3rd.
- City Manager’s Report
- Public Comments on Agenda Items. (Limit of 3 minutes each)
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- December 20, 2016
- Consent Agenda:
- 2017-072: Motion to renew annual Termite Retreat Contract with Philip’s Pest Control Co., LLC in the amount of $380.00.
- 2017-073: Motion to approve the purchase of a Ford Police Interceptor SUV Unit in the amount of $26,370.00 through State Contract No. 82000028462 and accept the low quote in the amount of $6,600.00 all through Grey Daniels Ford for a total purchase of $32,970.00.
- 2017-074: Motion to advertise for bids for Diamondhead Drive East drainage improvements.
- 2017-075: Motion to advertise for bids for Kome Drive drainage improvements.
- 2017-084: Motion to authorize the Mayor and City Manager to discuss curbside recycling options with the Hancock County Solid Waste Authority.
- 2017-070: Resolution 2017-001 Authorizing the adoption of the Social Media Public Comment Policy.
- 2017-071: Resolution 2017-002 Authorizing the filing of an application for Federal Surface Transportation Program (STP) Funding for Noma Drive Sidewalks and Bicycle Path, committing matching funds and for other related matters.
- 2017-081: Resolution 2017-003 Authorizing the filing of an application for Federal Surface Transportation Program (STP) Funding for Golf Club Drive Sidewalks, committing matching funds and for other related matters.
- 2017-082: Resolution 2017-004 Authorizing the filing of an application for Federal Surface Transportation Program (STP) Funding for East Aloha Roadway Widening Project, committing matching funds and for other related matters/.
- Action Agenda:
- 2017-076: Motion regarding PZ Case File 201600308 application for a variance from the Zoning Ordinance (Article 4.6.5 E iii) to allow the construction of a single family dwelling within 12’ of the rear property line. (VanCleave).
- 2017-077: Motion to restrict golf cart usage on sidewalks.
- 2017-078: Motion to concur with the Performance Audit Review of the State Auditor’s Office dated December 20, 2016.
- 2017-079: Motion for explanation and discussion of September 2015 Mayor and Council payrolls.
- 2017-080: Motion for discussion/possible action for the installation of security lighting in the commercial area.
- 2017-083: Motion to cancel Change Order #1 to the contract for East Aloha Drive Extension (New Access Road) and approve Change Order #2 for the project.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT153167 – DKT153193).
- Motion to approve December 21, 2016 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $52,496.50 and December 30, 2016 Payroll Payables in the amount of $3,513.15.
- Council Comments:
Ward 1 – Councilmember Depreo
Ward 2 – Councilmember Woolbright
Ward 3 – Councilmember Sislow
Ward 4 – Councilmember Rech
At-Large – Councilmember Knobloch
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items. (Limit of 3 minutes each)