FORMAL MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
January 17, 2017
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Depreo
- Pledge of Allegiance – Councilmember Rech
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. CST on February 7, 2017 in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- Qualifying period for the municipal at 5:00 p.m. on March 3rd.
- Frank Bordeaux of Stewart Sneed Hewes/BanCorp South – insurance renewal update.
- City Manager’s Report
- Public Comments on Agenda Items. (Limit of 3 minutes each)
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- January 3, 2017 Formal Meeting
- Consent Agenda:
- 2017-086: Motion to authorize the City Manager and staff to assist the VFW Post 2880 with annual Memorial Day Service to be held May 27, 2017.
- 2017-087: Motion to authorize retention stipend in the amount of $250.00 monthly for Keith Bennett of the Diamondhead Police Department effective February 1, 2017.
- 2017-089: Motion to approve Payment #5 in the amount of $17,988.80 to Twin L. Construction for the East Aloha Drive Extension (Access Road).
- 2017-090: Motion to approve Payment #3 in the amount of $4,392.50 to MS Engineering & Development, LLC for professional services relating to East Aloha Drive Extension (Access Road)
- 2017-091: Motion to approve Payment #1 in the amount of $1,115.21 to Twin L. Construction for the City Hall Exercise Fitness Trail.
- 2017-092: Motion to approve Payment #1 to MS Engineering & Development in the amount of $1,875.00 for professional services relating to the Drainage Analysis for East Aloha Drive Extension. (Access Road).
- 2017-093: Motion to approve Payment #1 Engineering & Development in the amount of $1,525.00 for professional services relating to the Turning Lane Project for Aloha Drive.
- 2017-094: Motion to approve Construction Engineering and Inspection Contract with MS Engineering and Development in the amount of $5,730.00 for the City Hall Exercise Fitness Trail.
- 2017-085: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-005 thereby vacating/abandoning drainage/utility easements along property line between Lots 13 and 14 of Diamondhead Subdivision Phase 1 (Green).
- Action Agenda:
- 2017-088: Motion to renew flood insurance for the period February 15, 2017 – February 15, 2018 through Stewart Sneed Hewes/Bancorp South (Wright National Flood Insurance Company) in the amount of $4,642.00.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT153202 – DKT153242) and APPKT 00586.
- Motion to approve December 2016 Financials.
- Motion to approve January 4, 2017 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $52,985.99.
- Council Comments: (Limit 3 minutes each)
Ward 1 – Councilmember Depreo
Ward 2 – Councilmember Woolbright
Ward 3 – Councilmember Sislow
Ward 4 – Councilmember Rech
At-Large – Councilmember Knobloch
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items. (Limit of 3 minutes each)