FORMAL MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
February 7, 2017
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Woolbright
- Pledge of Allegiance – Councilmember Rech
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. CST on February 21, 2017 in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- Qualifying deadline for the 2017 Municipal Election is 5:00 p.m. on March 3rd.
- Proclaim February 28, 2017 Rare Disease Day in the City followed by Proclamation Presentation to Councilmember Depreo, State Ambassador for the National Organization for Rare Disease (NORD).
- Stephanie Plancich of Gulf Regional Planning Commission, Virtual Driver Interactive Driver Safety Simulation System, TIP amendment schedule and AAHSTO briefing.
- Jason Chiniche, Project Manager, update Vaught Kayak Launch Project.
- City Manager’s Report
- Public Comments on Agenda Items. (Limit of 3 minutes each)
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- January 17, 2017
- Consent Agenda:
- 2017-090: Motion to approve Payment 3 in the amount of $4,392.50 to MS Engineering and Development, LLC for professional services in relation to construction of East Aloha Road Extension.
- 2017-096: Motion to approve Pay Request in the amount of $7,707.50 to James J. Chiniche, PA, Inc. for professional services in relation to the Kome Drive drainage study.
- 2017-099: Motion to accept and award the low bid received from Morreale Construction in the amount of $9,800.00 for lot clean-up and demolition at 10456 Haleiwa Place.
- 2017-100: Motion to approve Application for Payment #6 in the amount of $32,621.44 to Twin L. Construction for East Aloha Extension (Access Road).
- 2017-101: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $500.00 to Professional Grant Management Services for the East Aloha Extension (Access Road) Project.
- 2017-102: Motion to approve Application for Payment #6 in the amount of $12,134.71 to Twin L. Construction for the City Hall Exercise Fitness Trail/
- 2017-103: Motion to approve Payment No. 1 in the amount of $13,703.93 to MS Engineering & Development for preliminary engineering services for the Safe Routes to Schools Grant.
- 2017-104: Motion to accept the proposal from Unabridged Architecture in an amount not to exceed $10,000 to provide high-resolution files for grant project brochures, rack cards and display boards.
- 2017-105: Motion to accept the proposal of AdLib Communication in the amount of $3,525.00 for grant project tri-fold brochures, racks and displays boards.
- 2017-106: Motion to authorize execution of the 2016 Tree City USA Application on behalf Keep Diamondhead Beautiful.
- 2017-110: Motion to authorize the City Manager to travel Washington, DC February 28 – March 3, 2017 to attend the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials Briefing with all expenses funded by Gulf Regional Planning Commission.
- 2017-095: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-009 seeking legislative support of Court Appointed Advocates (CASA).
- 2017-097: Motion for consideration/approval of rear yard setback variance from Zoning Ordinance (Article 4.6.5 E iii) in the mater Case File 201700002-Hensley.
- 2017-107: Motion to rescind Resolution 2017-002 and further to adopt Resolution 2017-006 authorizing and revising the filing of an application for Federal Surface Transportation Program (STP) Funding for Noma Drive Sidewalks and Bicycle Path, committing matching funds and for other related matters.
- 2017-108: Motion to rescind Resolution 2017-004 and further to adopt Resolution 2017-007 thereby authorizing and revising the filing of an application for Federal Surface Transportation Program (STP) Funding for East Aloha Roadway Widening Shoulder for Bike/Ped and Lighting Project, committing matching funds and for other related matters.
- 2017-109: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-108 restricting the use of city public media outlets by city officials and candidates prior to municipal elections.
- Action Agenda:
- 2017-098: Motion for discussion/possible action regarding the implementation of live stream audio/video for council meetings.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT153262 – DKT153311).
- Motion to approve February 1, 2017 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the total amount of $56,470.80.
- Items for Incorporation into the Official Minutes:
- Performance Audit Report #145 and related documents
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items. (Limit of 3 minutes each)
City of Diamondhead 5th Birthday Reception