FORMAL MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
February 21, 2017
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Sislow
- Pledge of Allegiance – Councilmember Rech
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. CST on March 7, 2017 in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- City Hall will be closed for Mardi Gras on Tuesday, February 28, 2017.
- Qualifying deadline for the 2017 Municipal Election is 5:00 p.m. on March 3rd.
- Grant brochure digital/rendering update.
- Andy Phelan of Pickering Engineering – Diamondhead Drainage East Project.
- Courtney Thomas, Hancock County Library System Director.
- City Manager’s Report
- Public Comments on Agenda Items. (Limit of 3 minutes each)
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- February 7, 2017
- Consent Agenda:
- 2017-114: Motion to approve monthly officer stipend in the amount of $250.00 for Lynn Jones, Investigator, beginning February 2017.
- 2017-116: Motion to approve Payment 4 in the amount of $1,934.50 to MS Engineering and Development for professional services in relation to East Aloha Drive Extension project.
- 2017-117: Motion to approve Payment 2 in the amount of $4,050.00 to MS Engineering and Development for professional services in relation to East Aloha Turning Lane project.
- 2017-118: Motion to approve Payment 1 in the amount of $1,687.50 to MS Engineering and Development for professional services in relation to the City Hall Exercise Trail project.
- 2017-120: Motion to approve the Municipal Executive Committee Agreement between the Diamondhead Republican Executive Committee and Diamondhead Municipal Election Commission and Municipal Clerk for the 2017 Primary Election.
- 2017-121: Motion to authorize payment in the amount of $4,432.06 to One Beacon Insurance Group for liability deductible.
- 2017-122: Motion to authorize the termination of an existing contract with 15 months remaining and enter into a 60-month contract in the amount of $187.21 monthly for the replacement of the administration copy machine all through South Mississippi Business Machines.
- 2017-123: Motion to ratify payment to Twin L. Construction in the correct amount of $34,329.60 (Claim #15307 on the February 7, 2017) resulting from typographical error.
- 2017-115: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-008 thereby abandoning a drainage/utility easement along the common property line between lots 17 and 17 Diamondhead Subdivision Phase 1, Unit 8, Block 2 and Subdivision Phase 1, Unit 7, Block 10 (Murphy).
- Action Agenda:
- 2017-111: Motion to reject sealed bids received for Diamondhead Drive East Drainage Project and approve to re-advertise for the project.
- 2017-112 Motion for discussion/possible action with regard to attaching backup documentation to the minutes posted on the City’s website.
- 2017-113: Motion to create the positions of Court Clerk and Finance Clerk and further to approve Budget Amendment 2017-280-5, 2017-110-1 and 2017-140-1 related to funding for the positions.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT153312– DKT153347).
- Motion to accept the January 2017 Financials.
- Motion to approve February 15, 2017 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $52,778.47.
- Motion incorporate the documents into the Official Minutes:
- MDMR correspondence dated February 15, 2017 Notice of Tidelands Grant Award FY17 (Montjoy Creek Improvements)
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items. (Limit of 3 minutes each)