FORMAL MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
March 7, 2017
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Rech
- Pledge of Allegiance – Councilmember Rech
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. CST on March 21, 2017 in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- Courtney Thomas, Hancock County Library System Director.
- City Manager’s Report
- Public Comments on Agenda Items. (Limit of 3 minutes each)
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- February 21, 2017 Formal Meeting
- Consent Agenda:
- 2017-124: Motion to approve Budget Amendment 2017-110-2 reallocating court bailiff funds from salaries to contracted services.
- 2017-125: Motion to accept and award the low bid received from Morreale Construction in the amount of $259,950.00 for the Kome Drive Drainage Project.
- 2017-128: Motion to approve Payment No. 2 in the amount of $7,655.76 to Mississippi Engineering and Development for professional services in relation to the Safe Routes to Schools Project.
- 2017-129: Motion to approve Payment No. 5 in the amount of $3,118.00 to Mississippi Engineering and Development for professional services in relation to the construction of East Aloha Road Extension.
- 2017-130: Motion to approve Payment No. 2 in the amount of $920.50 to Mississippi Engineering and Development for professional services in relation to the City Hall Exercise Fitness Trail.
- 2017-131: Motion to set public meeting for all grant projects to be held March 20, 2017 from 4-7 p.m. in Council Chambers.
- 2017-132: Motion to accept and enter into agreement with Election Systems & Software for the 2017 Municipal Elections.
- 2017-135: Motion to approve Pay Request #7 to Twin L. Construction in the amount of $17,404.00 for the East Aloha Drive Extension.
- 2017-136: Motion to approve Pay Request #3 in the amount of $19,166.14 to Twin L. Construction for the City Hall Exercise Fitness Trail Project.
- 2017-137: Motion to host CASA’s Light of Hope Child Abuse Awareness Ceremony on the Town Green on April 2017 from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- 2017-126: Resolution 2017-010 Stating the Intent to Activate Funding for TAP Grant for East Aloha Drive Shoulder Widening Project and for other purposes related thereto.
- 2017-127: Resolution 2017-011 Stating the Intent to Activate Funding for TAP Grant for Golf Club Drive Sidewalks Project and for other purposes related thereto.
- Action Agenda:
- 2017-119: Motion to approve to advertise for bids for East Aloha Drive Turning Lanes Project.
- 2017-133: Discussion/possible action regarding drainage basin (Diamondhead Dr. East – -Miller property).
- 2017-134: Motion to advertise for bids for the Rotten Bayou Enhancement Hiking/Biking Trail and Kayak Launches.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve March 1, 2017 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $56,777.69.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT153348– DKT153400)
- Motion to approve Payable Register APPKT00603.
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items. (Limit of 3 minutes each)