FORMAL MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
March 21, 2017
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Mayor Schafer
- Pledge of Allegiance – Councilmember Rech
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. CST on April 4, 2017 in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- David Motz, Commander VFW Post 2880, Vietnam Moving Wall.
- Penny Crawford, Presentation of Spring Pilgrimage Brochure.
- City Manager’s Report
- Public Comments on Agenda Items. (Limit of 3 minutes each)
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- March 7, 2017 Formal Meeting
- Consent Agenda:
- 2017-138: Motion to approve final payment in the amount of $707.50 to Professional Grant Management Services, LLC for grant administration in relation to East Aloha Access Road (SMLP Grant).
- 2017-143: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $114,484.94 to Hancock Bank representing final payment for the 2012 Lease Purchase Note.
- 2017-145: Motion to approve MS Development Authority Bond Grant Program Report for East Aloha Road Extension (SM-15-709).
- 2017-146: Motion to approve Agreement Between Owner and Contractor, Morreale Construction, in the amount of $259,950.00 for the Kome Dr. Drainage Project and to authorize issuance of Notice to Proceed.
- 2017-147: Motion to approve payment to James J. Chiniche, P.A., Inc. in the amount of $6,770.50 for engineering services relating to the Kome Dr. Drainage Project.
- 2017-148: Motion to approve payment to James J. Chiniche, P.A., Inc. in the amount of $5,499.00 for engineering services relating to the Rotten Bayou Kayak Launch.
- 2017-149: Motion to approve payment to James J. Chiniche, P.A., Inc. in the amount of $3,791.00 for engineering services relating to the Vaught Circle Kayak Launch.
- 2017-150: Motion to approve Budget Amendment 2017-009 (Entries 1 and 2) to allocate for receipts and expenditures for the Golf Club Drive Roundabout Grant Project now being funded in FY17.
- 2017-140: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-012 Requesting assistance from Diamondhead Water and Sewer District under the interlocal agreement a city project mail out to residents and property owners.
- Action Agenda:
- 2017-134: Motion to approve to advertise for bids for Rotten Bayou Enhancement Hiking/Biking Trail and Kayak Launches.
- 2017-140: Motion for discussion/possible action regarding the renaming of Gex Drive to Veteran’s Drive.
- 2017-141: Motion for discussion/possible action regarding City of Diamondhead participation in the Bicentennial Celebration to be held at Centennial Plaza on March 31 and April 1, 2017.
- 2017-142: Motion for discussion and action regarding the Comprehensive Plan as it related to the resort/gaming zoning.
- 2017-144: Motion for discussion possible action regarding changing date and or time of May 2, 2017 Formal Council Meeting due to 2017 Primary Election.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve March 15, 2017 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $52,820.59.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT153403– DKT153445).
- Approve February 2017 Financials.
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items. (Limit of 3 minutes each)