SPECIAL CALL MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
May 17, 2017
6:00 p.m. CST
On motion of Councilmember Sislow, seconded by Councilmember Rech, at its Special Call Meeting on May 9, 2017 and receiving a unanimous vote, this Special Meeting was called to consider matters that would have been presented at the May 16, 2017 Formal Meeting cancelled due to the 2017 Primary Election Run-off.
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Sislow
- Pledge of Allegiance – Councilmember Rech
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. CST on June 6, 2017 in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- City Hall will be closed Monday, May 29th in observance of Memorial Day.
- Mr. Jerry Peppenger, Vietnam War Moveable Wall
- City Manager’s Report
- Public Comments on Agenda Items. (Limit of 3 minutes each)
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- May 2, 2017 Formal Meeting
- May 9, 2017 Special Call Meeting
- Appointments and Oaths:
- Motion to appoint Tammy Garber to the position of Interim Treasurer effective immediately.
- Action Agenda:
- 2017-176: Motion to approve Payment No. 5 to Twin L. Construction in the amount of $39,716.79 for construction of the City Hall Exercise Fitness Trail.
- 2017-181: Motion to accept and approve engagement letter from AVL for the FY16 Audit.
- 2017-182: Motion to approve a variance to the Zoning Ordinance Article 4.18.3 D. ii(f) in the matter of Case File 201700101 to allow an accessory structure to be 5’ from both the rear property line and principle building. (Arceneaux)
- 2017-183: Motion to approve a variance to the Zoning Ordinance Article 4.18.3 D. ii (h) to allow two (2) accessory structures on a property. (Buckley)
- 2017-184: Motion to approve Final Payment in the amount of $11,294.70 to Twin L. Construction for the City Hall Fitness Trail Project.
- 2017-187: Motion to approve compensation for poll workers and poll manager training for the 2017 Primary Run-off Election.
- 2017-188: Motion to accept the resignation of Clovis Reed, City Manager, effective June 30, 2017.
- 2017-190: Discussion of City Property and Brochures.
- 2017-191: Discussion of personnel matters related to the City Manager’s Resignation.
- 2017-192: Discussion of appointment of Interim City Manager.
- 2017-193: Discussion of approval Advertising for City Manager Position.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve April 26, 2017 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes, for a total amount of $52,124.07, May 1, 2017 Payroll Payable, including benefits and taxes for total amount of $3,511.15 and May 10, 2017 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes for a total amount of $51,366.45.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT153595– DKT153662).
- April 2017 Financials.
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items. (Limit of 3 minutes each)