FORMAL MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
September 6, 2016
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Sislow
- Pledge of Allegiance – Councilmember Rech
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. CST on September 20 in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- MS Gulf Coast Lost & Found Animals will be hosting Barking on the Bay fundraiser at the Harbor House Wednesday, September 14 from 5 – 8 p.m.
- Hancock County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event will be Saturday, October 1st from 8 a.m.- 1 p.m. at Coast Electric Power Association located on Highway 603.
- Discussion to increase FY17 Budget allocation for the East Hancock Library
- City Manager’s Report
- Public Comments on Agenda Items
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- August 2, 2016 Formal Meeting (amended)
- August 16, 2016 Formal Meeting
- August 24, 2016 Recess Meeting
- Appointments and Oaths
- 2016-149: Motion to adopt Resolution 2016-040 thereby appointing James Bradley Johnson to serve as Municipal Election Commissioner.
- 2016-147: Motion to adopt Resolution 2016-038 thereby approving and adopting the FY17 Budget as finally determined by the governing authority.
- 2016-148: Motion to adopt Resolution 2016-039 — Levy Millage for FY17.
- 2016-154: Motion to adopt Resolution 2016-042 finding and adjudicating property located at 74609 Diamondhead Drive North, Diamondhead, MS is in such a state of uncleanliness to be a menace to the public health, safety and welfare of the citizenry of the City and authorizing advertisement for bids to have said land cleared and cleaned and to assess the costs to said property.
- 2016-155: Motion to adopt Resolution 2016-043 finding and adjudicating property located at 88372 Diamondhead Drive East, Diamondhead, MS is in such a state of uncleanliness to be a menace to the public health, safety and welfare of the citizenry of the City and authorizing advertisement for bids to have said land cleared and cleaned and to assess the costs to said property.
- 2016-156: Motion to adopt Resolution 2016-044 abandoning 10’ rear drainage and utility easement located 7328 Ahi Court (Finley).
- 2016-162: Motion to adopt Resolution 2016-041 authorizing the use of a specified, unmarked police vehicle pursuant to Mississippi Code Annotated §25-1-87.
- Other Actions:
- 2016-150: Motion to approve agreement in the amount of $3,379.00 with Electronic Systems & Software for the Ward 1 Special Election to be held on September 27, 2016.
- 2016-151: Motion to approve 12-month contract extension to the term contract with Vulcan Signs for traffic signs, posts and hardware.
- 2016-152: Motion to approve the renewal of worker’s compensation coverage with Mississippi Municipal Worker’s Compensation Group in the annual amount of $42,658.00 for FY17.
- 2016-153: Motion to approve renewal of employer-sponsored life insurance and voluntary dental/vision coverages with Guardian with no premium increases for the period November 1, 2016 – October 31, 2017.
- 2016-157: Motion to enter into 36-month contract with Universal TelCom to provide telephone equipment and services at a monthly rate of $820.44 beginning October 1, 2016.
- 2016-158: Motion to accept and the award bids for lot cleanups at 8934 Diamondhead Drive East in the amount of $294.00 and at 578 Anoai Way in the amount of $644.00 to William Supple.
- 2016-159: Motion to enter into agreement with Boondock Cities for a one-year subscription for a mapping/engagement platform and training in the total amount of $2,500.00.
- 2016-160: Motion for discussion/possible action regarding a park on Manoo Street.
- 2016-161: Motion for discussion/possible action regarding signage for the business area prohibiting golf carts.
- 2016-162: Motion for discussion/possible action regarding petition of Diamondhead Property Owner’s Association for declaratory judgement/Chancery Court issue on covenants.
- 2016-163: Motion for discussion/possible action regarding resignation of Professional Grant Management Services.
- 2016-164: Motion to approve buy back option and declare 2010 Crown Victoria Police Unit (Fixed Asset ID#155) surplus.
- 2016-165: Motion to approve Budget Amendment 2016-200-1 (reallocating funds for purchase for new police unit).
- 2016-166: Motion to approve purchase of one (1) 2016 Ford Police Interceptor Utility vehicle from Gray-Daniels (State Contract #8200021685) in the amount of $32,272.00.
- 2016-167: Motion to approve purchase of one (1) Kubota 100HP Tractor for the Public Works Department from Lee Tractor, Co. (State Contract 8200022915) in the amount of $47,863.92.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT152745 – DKT152784).
- Motion to approve August 31, 2016 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $40,665.90.
- Official Document for incorporation into the Minutes:
- Purcell Co., Inc. Deeds of Dedication for right-of-ways for new access road.
- Public Comments on Non Agenda Items.