FORMAL MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
September 20, 2016
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Mayor Schafer
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. CST on October 4, 2016 in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- Special Election for Ward 1 Councilmember will be Tuesday, September 27th. Voting will take place in the City Hall Activity Center from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Hancock County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event will be Saturday, October 1st from 8 a.m.- 1 p.m. at Coast Electric Power Association located on Highway 603.
- Presentation of Commendation – Abby Guy, National American Miss Mississippi Junior Teen.
- Bill Cork, CEO – Hancock County Port & Harbor Commission.
- Nikki Moon, Director – Hancock County Tourism.
- Council Comments
- City Manager’s Report
- Public Comments on Agenda Items
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- September 6, 2016
- September 12, 2016
- Consent Agenda:
- 2016-171: Motion to approve compensation for poll manager, workers, arbitrators and election commissioners for September 27, 2016 Special Election services.
- 2016-172: Motion to declare cellular phones surplus and proceed with proper disposal.
- 2016-173: Motion to authorize the renewal of website hosting services with The Focus Group in the annual amount of $300.00.
- 2016-174: Motion to approve Pay Request No. 1 in the amount of $56,548.75 to Twin L Construction, Inc. for East Aloha Access Road (SMLP Project SM-15-709).
- 2016-175: Motion to authorize AFLAC products and participation in the Section 125 Plan for the City.
- 2016-176: Motion to approve renewal of employer/employee paid major medical insurance coverage with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi for the period January 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017.
- 2016-177: Motion to approve to advertise for bids for the purchase of a track hoe and triple axle equipment transport trailer.
- 2016-179: Motion to approve to advertise for bids for the construction of the City Hall Exercise Fitness Trail.
- 2016-154: Motion to adopt Resolution 2016-042 thereby finding and adjudicating property located at 74609 Diamondhead Dr. North, Diamondhead, MS is in such a state of uncleanliness to be a menace to the public health, safety and welfare of the citizenry of the City and authorizing advertisement for bids to have said land cleared and cleaned and to assess the costs to said property.
- 2016-155: Motion to adopt Resolution 2016-043 thereby finding and adjudicating property located at 88372 Diamondhead Drive East, Diamondhead, MS is in such a state of uncleanliness to be a menace to the public health, safety and welfare of the citizenry of the City and authorizing advertisement for bids to have said land cleared and cleaned and to assess the costs to said property.
- 2016-180: Motion to adopt Resolution 2016-045 thereby stating the intent of the City to request activation of funding for the Roundabout, authorize the City Manager to execute a Memorandum of Understanding with MDOT for matching funds of 20% or up to $50,000 and for related purposes.
- 2016-181: Motion to adopt Resolution 2016-046 thereby stating the intent of the City to request activation of funding for the Surface Transportation Program (STP) Grant for the I-10 Exit 16 Interchange Lighting Project of $400,000, authorize the City Manager to execute a Memorandum of Understanding with MDOT for matching funds of 20% or up to $100,000 and for related purposes.
- 2016-182: Motion to adopt Resolution 2016-047 thereby appointing David Boan to serve as Commissioner for the Diamondhead Water & Sewer District for a five (5) year term beginning September 29, 2016.
- Action Agenda:
- 2016-178: Motion to approve FY17 salaries for specified employees of the Public Works Department.
- 2016183: Motion to approve the addendum to audit engagement letter of November 13, 2015 with AVL to increase fees in an approximate amount of $10,050 and for other related purposes therein outlined all related to the FY15 Audit.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT152795 – DKT152846).
- Motion to approve September 14, 2016 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $53,722.79.
- Motion to accept August 2016 Financials.
- Motion to accept official documents for incorporation into the Minutes:
- Transfer Forfeited Tax Land Patent- Lot 14, Block 4, Diamondhead Phase 2, Unit 7 – Parcel No. 067H225004.00.
- Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Hancock County and the Cities of Bay St. Louis, Waveland and Diamondhead for coordination of shared/combined operations.
- Public Comments on Non Agenda Items.