FORMAL MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
October 4, 2016
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Knobloch
- Pledge of Allegiance – Councilmember Rech
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. CST on October 18, 2016 in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- October 5th the City will host Blessing of the Classics with the Cruise-In from 3 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. at the shopping center.
- A Recess Meeting for Performance Audit Final Report will be held October 25, 2016 at 6:00 p.m.
- Presentation of Commendation – Brianna Burchett, Mississippi State Miss Heart Runner Contestant.
- Proclaim October 2016 Domestic Violence Prevention Month.
- City Manager’s Report
- Public Comments on Agenda Items
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- September 20, 2016
- Consent Agenda:
- 2017-001: Motion to approve FY17 Agreement with S.P.C.A. of Diamondhead, Inc. in the amount of $800 per month for specified services provided for therein.
- 2017-002: Motion to approve monthly contributions to the Hancock County Animal Shelter in the amount of $1,000 for FY17.
- 2017-003: Motion to approve monthly contributions to CASA in the amount of $250 for FY17 pursuant to MS Code §21-19-46.
- 2017-004: Motion to approve additional personnel for the Police Department for FY17.
- 2017-005: Motion to purchase one (1) International 7500 SBA Dump Truck from Tri-State Truck Center, Inc. in the amount of $83,100 (State Contract #8200023290) and to accept the low quote in the amount of $10,500 from Warren, Inc. for the purchase of the dump body for total purchase in the amount of $93,600 subject to funding of lease purchase financing.
- 2017-007: Motion to approve annual contribution to American Red Cross in the amount of $500 pursuant to MS Code §21-19-57.
- 2016-138: Motion to adopt Resolution 2016-035 Amending Text to the Zoning Ordinance with regard to Residential Accessory Structures.
- Action Agenda:
- 2016-176: Motion for discussion/possible action with regard to medical insurance renewals.
- 2017-006: Motion to accept and award the low quote for Lease Purchase Financing.
- 2017-008: Motion to accept and approve the FY16 Municipal Compliance Questionnaire.
- 2017-009: Motion to approve FY17 salary increases for additional Public Works employees.
- 2017-010: Motion for discussion and/or possible action with regard to FY17 contribution to the Hancock County Library System.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT 152848 – DKT152893).
- Motion to approve September 29, 2016 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $48,581.95.
- Public Comments on Non Agenda Items.
- Ron Thorp – School District Consolidation