FORMAL MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
November 1, 2016
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Woolbright
- Pledge of Allegiance – Councilmember Rech
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. CST on November 15, 2016 in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- Proclaim November 16, 2016 Arbor Day in the City of Diamondhead.
- Keep Diamondhead Beautiful Presentation – Paul Montjoy
- City Manager’s Report
- Public Comments on Agenda Items
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- October 18, 2016
- October 25, 2016
- Consent Agenda:
- 2017-018: Motion to accept and award the low bid received from CLM Equipment in the amount of $154,677.00 for the purchase of trackhoe to be secured with lease purchase note proceeds.
- 2017-019: Motion to accept and award the low bid received from Technology International in the amount of $19,875.00 for the purchase of a triple-axle equipment trailer to be secured with lease purchase note proceeds.
- 2017-026: Resolution 2016-045 abandoning 5’ drainage and utility easements and each side of lots 94 and 95 at 94164 Bayou Drive. (Pucheu)
- 2017-029: Resolution 2016-046 rescinding Resolutions 2013-040, 2013-045 and 2013-076 whereby the Keep Diamondhead Beautiful Committee was established as committee of the City.
- Action Agenda:
- 2017-020: Motion for discussion/possible action regarding appointment(s) to committee to study school district consolidation.
- 2017-021: Motion for discussion/possible action with regards to implementation of Yard of Month for Wards 1, 2, 3, 4 and commercial area.
- 2017-022: Motion for discussion/possible action to request a variance from the Diamondhead Property Owner’s Association for the placement of Yard of the Month signage.
- 2017-023: Motion for discussion/possible action to discuss setting a public meeting for the proposed roundabout and Exercise Fitness Trail at City Hall.
- 2017-025: Case File 2016-00261 variance from the Zoning Ordinance (Article 4.10.5 F. iii) to allow construction of a second story addition on a commercial building with 4’2” of the property line at address 4403 West Aloha Drive. (Casano)
- 2017-027: Motion for discussion/possible action regarding the Diamondhead Property Owners Association’s petition for declaratory judgement to renew the covenants in perpetuity.
- 2017-028: Approve payment to Seymour Engineering professional services in the amount of $2,100 relating to the Kayak Hiking Trail and $4,000 for the East Aloha Access Road.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims (Claims– DKT152965 – DKT153001).
- Motion to approve APPKT00544.
- Motion to approve October 26, 2016 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $51,554.40.
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.