FORMAL MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
November 15, 2016
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Sislow
- Pledge of Allegiance – Councilmember Rech
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. CST on December 6, 2016 in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- City Hall will be closed November 24- 25, 2016 for Thanksgiving Holiday.
- 3rd Annual Town Green Holiday Celebration will be held Thursday, December 1st from 6 – 8 p.m.
- Hancock Chamber of Commerce – Quarterly Report.
- Governor’s Proclamation declaring November 25 and December 26, 2016 and January 2, 2017 as official State holidays.
- City Manager’s Report
- Public Comments on Agenda Items
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- November 1, 2016
- Consent Agenda:
- 2017-033: Motion to approve Mayor, Council and City Manager travel to Jackson November 16 -17, 2o16 to attend a meeting of the Mississippi Gaming Commission.
- 2017-034: Motion to approve Right of Entry for Keep Diamondhead Beautiful for beautification purposes.
- 2017-035: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $820.50 to MS Engineering and Development, LLC for professional engineering services in relation to the East Aloha Access Road project.
- 2017-036: Motion to approve Payment Application #3 to Twin L. Construction in the amount of $63,306.76 for East Aloha Access Road construction.
- 2017–037: Motion to approve accept and award the low bid received from Morrealle Construction for lot clean ups RFB#1062 in the amount of $1,200 and RFB#1063 in the amount of $2,000.
- 2017-038: Motion to accept and approve Memorandum of Understanding with MS Department of Transportation for the Golf Club Drive Roundabout (Project STP-0023-00(052).
- 2017-039: Motion to accept and approve Memorandum of Understanding with MS Department of Transportation for the Interstate Lighting Project (STP0010-00(024).
- 2016-040: Motion to approve Pay Application #2 to Land Shapers, Inc. in the amount of $210,680.32 for paving.
- 2017-042: Motion to approve service agreement with Team Waste for City Hall dumpster services in the monthly amount of $71.12 for a term ending April 30, 2019.
- 2017-046: Motion to approve the Preliminary Engineering Services Contract with MS Engineering and Development, LLC for services in relation to the Safe Routes to Schools Project.
- 2017-04: Motion to enter into agreement with AGJ Systems for professional IT services for a period of 12 month in the amount of $1,529.04 monthly.
- 2017-032: Motion to adopt Resolution 2016-047 thereby abandoning a 5’ drainage/utility easement on each side of Lots 19 and 20, Subdivision 2, Unit 10, Block 10. (VanCleave)
- 2017-041: Motion to adopt Resolution 2016-048 thereby finding it necessary to acquire equipment for governmental use and to acquire such equipment through a lease purchase agreement with Hancock Bank and for other related purposes.
- Appointments and Oaths:
- 2017-043: Motion to appoint Connie Scott to serve as Deputy Municipal Court. (Administration of Oath)
- 2017-044: Motion to appoint Tammy Garber to serve as Deputy City Clerk. (Administration of Oath)
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT153013– DKT153061).
- Motion to approve November, 2016 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $52,712.71.
- Motion to approval October 2016 Financials
- Documents for Incorporation into the Minutes:
- Transfer Forfeited Land Patent – 10 Block 13, Diamondhead Phase 1, Unit 1.
- Army Corps of Engineers – Permit for Construction of Kayak Launch (Cutoff Bayou and Vaught Circle)
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.