FORMAL MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
December 6, 2016
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Rech
- Pledge of Allegiance – Councilmember Rech
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. CST on December 20, 2016 in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- City Hall will be closed December 26, 2016 and January 2, 2017 for Christmas and the New Year.
- Pat Laird – Veteran’s Day and Memorial Day Celebrations.
- Presentation by Greg Cantrell, PLA of Lindfield, Hunter & Junis, Inc. regarding beautification.
- Council Comments
- City Manager’s Report
- Public Comments on Agenda Items
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- November 15, 2016
- Consent Agenda:
- 2017-033: Motion to approve travel for Councilmembers and City Manager to travel to Jackson December 14-15, 2016 to attend meeting of the MS Gaming Commission.
- 2017-050: Motion to approve final payment in the amount of $48,618.16 to Land Shapers, Inc. for the FY16 Paving Project.
- 2017-052: Motion to approve Pay Request No. 4 in the amount of $40,539.35 to Twin L. Construction for East Aloha Road.
- 2017-053: Motion to approve Pay Request 2 in the amount of $4,319.00 to MS Engineering and Development, LLC for professional services in relation to the construction of East Aloha Access Road.
- 2017-054: Motion to approve Pay Request 1 in the amount of $6,087.50 to MS Engineering and Development, LLC for professional services in relation to the City Hall Exercise Fitness Trail.
- 2017-055: Motion to approve Pay Request 2 in the amount of $2,362.50 to MS Engineering and Development, LLC for professional services in relation to the City Hall Exercise Fitness Trail.
- 2017-049: Motion to approve text amendments to Ordinance 2012-013 Sections 14-220, 14-229 and 14-230.
- 2017-059: Public Hearing followed by Motion to adopt Resolution 2016-059 declaring property at 10456 Haleiwa Place, Diamondhead (Cairns/OWCEN Loan Servicing) to be a menace to the health and welfare of the citizenry and further to advertise for bids for cleanup of same.
- Action Agenda:
- 2017-051: Motion to approve Change Order No. 1 in the amount of $12,045 to the contract with Twin L. Construction for East Aloha Road.
- 2017-056: Motion to rescind November 15, 2016 action whereby a contract was approved with Team Waste for City Hall dumpster services at a monthly rate of $79.59 and further to approve a contract Waste Management at the current amount of $57.50 for a 36-month period beginning December 1, 2016.
- 2017-057: Motion to authorize the use of the City of Diamondhead for the Keep Diamondhead Beautification signage project on Kapalama.
- 2017-058: Motion to hold a public meeting to discuss the Safe Routes to School Grant Project.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT153062 – DKT153106).
- Motion to approve November 23, 2016 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $52,712.71 and November 30, 2016 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $3,513.15.
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.