FORMAL MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
December 20, 2016
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Mayor Schafer
- Pledge of Allegiance – Councilmember Rech
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. CST on January 3, 2017 in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- City Hall will be closed December 23 and 26, 2016 and January 2, 2017 for Christmas and the New Year.
- Qualifying period for the municipal election begins January 3, 2017 and ends at 5:00 p.m. March 3rd.
- Jason Chiniche of Chiniche Engineering – Kome Drive drainage presentation.
- City Manager’s Report
- Public Comments on Agenda Items
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- December 6, 2016
- Consent Agenda:
- 2017-062: Motion to approve Budget Amendments 2017-300-1 and 2017-001-1.
- 2017-063: Motion to approve to enter into an extended warranty agreement with ThyssenKrupp Elevator Corporation in the amount of $254.39 per month inclusive of preventative maintenance and required safety testing.
- 2017-066: Motion to approve Payment No. 3 to MS Engineering Development, LLC in the amount of $350.00 for professional services in relation to the City Hall Exercise Fitness Trail.
- 2017-067: Motion to approve payment to Professional Grant Management Services in the amount of $500.00 for professional services in relation to the SMLP – East Aloha Access Road.
- 2017-068: Motion to designate the City Manager to serve on the policy committee and the Public Works Director to serve on the technical committee for the Gulf Regional Planning Commission’s Metropolitan Planning Organization.
- 2017-060: Motion to adopt Resolution 2016-053 Authorizing the Diamondhead Country Club and Property Owners Association to re-adopt the median on Gex Drive North and South of the Interstate and further to approve the Adopt a Right of Way Agreement.
- 2017-061: Motion to adopt Resolution 2016-054 Authorizing the amendment to the Commercial Lease Agreement with Diamondhead Country Club and Property Owners Association for the maintenance yard and further to approve such amendment whereby the term shall be extended to September 30, 2017.
- Action Agenda:
- 2017-064: Motion to formally name the new access road East Aloha Extension.
- 2017-065: Motion to accept and award the low bid received for the construction of the City Hall Exercise Fitness Trail, approval of the contract for same and authorize City Manager to execute contract upon legal counsel review.
- 2017-069: Motion to approve the Complete Streets Policy.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT153116 – DKT153165).
- November 2016 Financials.
- Motion to approve December 8, 2016 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $51,653.67.
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.