REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
August 7, 2018
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Morgan
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held August 21, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. CST in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- Recognition for Officers Patrick Dell and Phi Pham.
- Mark Duffy, Blessing of the Classics Update.
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- July 17, 2018 Recess Meeting.
- July 30, 2018 Special Call Meeting.
- 2018-223: Motion to adopt Resolution 2018-032 encouraging Mississippi Legislature to acknowledge that Mississippi municipalities need assistance in maintaining quality public infrastructure and requesting that Mississippi Legislature take action to assist Mississippi municipalities by diverting a portion of the use tax/internet sales tax thereby benefiting their citizens, the state economy and entire State of Mississippi.
- 2018-229: Motion to adopt Resolution 2018-033 thereby amending the Zoning Ordinance amending the width of corner lots at the building set back line in R-1 and R-2 Zoning Districts.
- Action Agenda:
- 2018-208: Motion to accept the low quote received from Morreale Construction in the amount of $24,900 for the construction of a pavilion at the Bayou Drive Kayak Launch site.
- 2018-224: Motion to amend the Glen Eagle Phase 2 Preliminary Plat Plan to increase to 108 lots contingent upon the proposed corner lot text amendment and public notice requirements.
- 2018-225: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $4,081.00 to James J. Chinche for professional services relating to Ieke Drive Drainage.
- 2018-226: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $1,195.00 to James J. Chinche for professional services relating to Devil’s Elbow Permitting (Tidelands 17).
- 2018-227: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $4,076.00 to Digital Engineering for professional services relating to the Diamondhead Dr. West Drainage Project.
- 2018-228: Motion to approve Work Assignment 2 with Digital Engineering in the amount of $2,500.00 for Diamondhead Dr. West Drainage Project.
- 2018-229: Motion to approve Work Authorization with Eley Guild Hardy Architects in the amount of $7,515.00 for preliminary/conceptual design services for down stairs office space at City Hall.
- 2018-230: Motion to declare surplus property and proceed with proper disposal.
- 2018-231: Motion to approve the recommendation of the Planning & Zoning Commission to allow a variance from the Zoning Ordinance (Article 9.8 J) to build a 6’ wooden privacy fence within 10 ft. of the northeast property line along the undeveloped right of way of unnamed street. Parcel no. 067-M-1-35-119.000 – G. Hill)
- 2018-232: Motion to concur with the recommendation of the Planning & Zoning Commission to approve a variance from the Zoning Ordinance (Article 9.8 J) to build a 6’ wooden privacy within 8’ of the southwest property line along Kola Street on parcels 1 and 2 and to deny the variance request for the fence on the property line (0’) along Al Moana Street. (Parcel nos. 067H-2-25-008.00 and 067H-2-25-086.000 R. Joseph.)
- 2018-233: Motion to authorize the City Manager to contact and begin negotiations with People’s Bank, Diamondhead Property Owner’s Association, private land owners and the Secretary of State for properties necessary for drainage improvements/maintenance in areas throughout the City.
- 2018-234: Motion for discussion and/or possible action of Rotten Bayou Watershed Plan.
- 2018-235: Motion to approve Work Assignment in the amount of $15,840 in the amount of James J. Chiniche for MS4 permitting.
- 2018-236: Motion to accept the form of the FY19 Budget, set the FY19 Budget Public Hearing to be held Monday, August 27, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. and approve advertisement for same.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve July 18, 2018 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes, in the amount of $51,228.71, August 1, 2018 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $50,843.53 and August 1, 2018 Monthly Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes, in the amount of $4,326.04.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims DKT154997–DKT155039) the amount of $106,850.47.
- Motion to approve APPKT00842 in the amount of $933.22.
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.