REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
December 18, 2018
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Depreo
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. CST in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- City Hall will be closed December 24 and 25, 2018 for Christmas Holidays, and December 31, 2018 and January 1, 2019 in observance for the New Year.
- Recognition of retiring Captain John Luther of the Diamondhead Police Department.
- Diamondhead Drive East Drainage update – Andy Phelan of Pickering Engineering.
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- December 4, 2018
- 2018-359: Motion to adopt Resolution 2018-047 authorizing the Mayor and City Council to vacate and/or abandon .2’ (2.4”) of drainage/utility easement in a portion of the north side of Lot 6, Block 6, Unit 11, Phase 2 (White).
- 2018-371: Motion to adopt Resolution 2018-048 authorizing the abolishment of the Social Media Public Comment Policy and further adopting the Social Media Outreach Policy.
- 2018-372: Motion to adopt Resolution 2018-049 establishing compensation for certain employees of the City of Diamondhead.
- 2018-373: Motion to adopt Resolution 2018-050 to declare intent to increase solid waste collection fees, set public hearing and authorizing public notice of same.
- Consent Agenda:
- 2018-360: Motion to approve payment to Digital Engineering in the amount of $1,655.50 for professional services relating to the GIS System Update.
- 2018-361: Motion to approve payment to Digital Engineering in the amount of $1,747.00 for professional services relating to the Diamondhead Drive West Drainage Design Project.
- 2018-362: Motion to approve payment to NextSite LLC in the amount of $11,000 for retail consulting services.
- 2018-363: Motion to approve payment to James J. Chinche in the amount of $2,414.05 for professional services relating the East Aloha Commercial Area Improvement Study.
- 2018-364: Motion to approve payment to James J. Chinche in the amount of $2,862.50 for professional services relating to the East Aloha Widening Project.
- 2018-365: Motion to approve payment of Pay Request No. 2 in the amount of $30,661.31 to Webster Electric for the I-10 Exit 16 Lighting Project.
- 2018-366: Motion to approve payment to Covington Civil & Environmental, LLC in the amount of $14,810.25 for professional services relating to Turnberry Drive Drainage Project.
- 2018-367: Motion to approve Payment No. 1 to J.O. Collins Contractor in the amount of $21,311.11 for the police department build out project.
- 2018–368: Motion to approve the Financial Audit Engagement Letter with Necaise & Company Certified Public Accounting Firm.
- 2018-369: Motion to approve the Memorandum of Understanding with the Mississippi Department of Transportation for Montjoy Creek Pathways Project STP0045-00(30) / LPA107926-701000 and further to authorize the City Manager to execute same.
- 2018-370: Motion to approve Work Assignment under the Master Services Agreement with James J. Chiniche in the amount of $8,675.00 for professional services to prepare drainage improvements for Kaleki Way area.
- 2018-374: Motion to accept Substantial Completion of Amoka Place (Ieke Drive) Drainage Project as of December 12, 2018.
- 2018-375: Motion to approve Budget Amendment 22019-001-01.
- Action Agenda:
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims (Claims DKT 155447 –DKT155493) in the amount of $306,678.11.
- Motion to approve, December 3, 2018 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes, in the amount of $4,551.16 and December 5, 2018 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes, in the amount of $51,160.59.
- Motion to accept November 2018 Financial Report.
- Departmental Reports for November 2018:
- Privilege Licensing
- Building Department
- Police Department
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.