AGENDA REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
January 2, 2018
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Depreo
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. CST on January 16, 2018 in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- City Hall will be closed January 15, 2018 in observance of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Robert E. Lee Holiday.
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- December 19, 2017 Regular Meeting.
- 2018-085: Motion to adopt Resolution 2018-012 Adopting the MEMA District 9 Hazard Mitigation Plan.
- 2018-091: Motion to adopt Resolution 2018-013 Authorizing Hancock Bank/Whitney Bank Depository Signatures for City Accounts.
- 2018-092: Res 2018-014 Motion to adopt Resolution 2018-014 Appointing a Ward 1 Resident (TBA) to serve as Commissioner for the Diamondhead Water & Sewer Commission to fill an unexpired term beginning February 1, 2018 and ending September 28, 2018.
- Action Agenda:
- 2018-086: Motion to accept from Pat Grantham a donation of $1,000 for Diamondhead Police Department.
- 2018-087: Motion for review and consideration of appeal submitted by Lance Newman of BeeHive Homes regarding the recommendation by the Planning and Zoning Commission to deny conditional use for an assisted living facility proposed in R-2 Zoning District -Case File Number 2017-00348. CLICK FOR COMPLETE TRANSCRIPT
- 2018-088: Motion to approve Change Order No. 1 in the amount of $2,607.00 to contract with Morreale Construction for the Kome Drive Drainage Improvements Project.
- 2018-089: Motion to accept Substantial Completion of the Kome Drive Drainage Project.
- 2018-090: Motion to create the position of Assistant City Manager, approve job description and set annual salary for the position at $80,000.00.
- 2018-093: Motion to accept archive city incorporation documents from Councilmember Morgan on behalf of a citizen participating in the incorporation efforts.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve December 20, 2017 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $49,231.72.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT154385 – DKT154414) in the amount of $38,730.75.
- Motion to approve APPKT 00750 in the amount of $625.00.
- Motion to Incorporate the following document(s) into the official minutes:
- Resignation of Dick Nolan, Diamondhead Water & Sewer Commissioner, effective February 1, 2018.
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.