REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
July 17, 2018
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Moran
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held August 7, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. CST in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- Kayak Launch Ribbon Cutting will be July 20th at 10 a.m. at the Vaught Circle Launch adjacent to the Diamondhead Marina.
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- July 3, 2018 Recess Meeting.
- July 3, 2018 Regular Meeting.
- 2018-213: Motion to adopt Resolution 2018-030 authorizing an application for MPO Study/Technical Report Funding through the MDOT Federal Surface Transportation Block Grant in the amount of $75,000 ($60,000 grant; $15,000 local match) for a planning grant for future roadways and multi-modal paths throughout the commercial area both north and south of Interstate 10 and for other related purposes.
- Action Agenda:
- 2018-214: Motion to approve payment to James J. Chiniche in the amount of $725.00 for professional services relating to Diamondhead Drive West Drainage.
- 2018-215: Motion to approve budget amendments year-end projections.
- 2018-216: Motion to approve Master Services Agreement Work Assignment with Digital Engineering in the amount of $18,854 for GIS System Update Phase 1.
- 2018-217: Motion to approve and accept 2017 RFP and to include Compton Engineering on the Master Engineering Services Agreement for the City.
- 2018-220: Motion to approve officer incentive compensation in the amount of $3000 annually ($250 p/month) effective August 1, 2018 for Darrell Hughes and James Alphonso.
- 2018-220: Motion for discussion of Commercial and Residential Tax Abatement proposals.
- 2018-221: Motion to accept the revised map for the Marina District (Area 3) as outlined in Ordinance 2018-003 Leisure and Recreation District and further to incorporate same as “Appendix 2- Corrected” thereby replacing the previous version.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve July 2, 2018 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes, in the amount of $3,782.78 and July 3, 2018 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes, in the amount of $51,279.06.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT154943-DKT154985) the amount of $89,974.41.
- Motion to accept June 2018 Financial Statements.
- Motion to accept June 2018 Privilege License Report.
- June 2018 Department Reports
a. Building Department Permitting
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.