FORMAL MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
June 20, 2017
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Knobloch
- Pledge of Allegiance – Councilmember Rech
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. CST on July 5, 2017 in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- City Hall will be closed July 3 and 4, 2017 in observance of Independence Day.
- 2017 Inauguration Ceremony will be held June 29, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. in Council Chambers.
- City Manager’s Report
- Public Comments on Agenda Items. (Limit of 3 minutes each)
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- June 6, 2017 Formal Meeting
- 2017-212: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-020 authorizing a FY19 Tidelands Grant Application with the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources in the amount of $200,000 for Montjoy Creek Restoration and Drainage Improvements.
- 2017-213: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-021 authorizing a Fy19 Tidelands Grant Application with the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources in the amount of $200,000 for a Marine and Cultural Education Center and for other related purposes.
- 2017-214: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-022 authorizing a Fy19 Tidelands Grant Application with the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources in the amount of $85,000 for a storm water management project and for other related purposes.
- 2017-215: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-023 authorizing the Hancock County Board of Supervisors to reallocate funds presently being used for recycling in Diamondhead to the most recent proposal received by the Hancock County Solid Waste Authority with the understanding that the City of Diamondhead will make the additional necessary financial contributions to meet the low bid cost.
- Action Agenda:
- 2017-209: Motion to approve Payment No. 3 to Hancock Bank in the total amount of $108,271.33 for Promissory Note Series 2014 (City Hall Lease Purchase).
- 2017-210: Motion to approve monthly retention stipend for Officer Michael Boutte effective June 22, 2017.
- 2017-211: Motion to approve a work assignment under the Engineering Master Service Contract with Jason J. Chiniche, PA, Inc. in an amount not to exceed $18,120.00 for professional services relating to Live Oak Drive Improvements Phase 2.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve June 7, 2017 and Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes, for a total amount of $50,618.34.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT153745 -DKT153778).
- May 2017 Financials.
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items. (Limit of 3 minutes each)
A reception will be held immediately following the meeting honoring Councilmembers Ernie Knobloch, Ron Rech, Thom Sislow and Tom Woolbright for their service to the City of Diamondhead.