FORMAL MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
June 6, 2017
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Mayor Schafer
- Pledge of Allegiance – Councilmember Rech
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. CST on June 20, 2017 in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- Diamondhead Garden Club Presentation
- Mark Duffy, South Mississippi Bicentennial Celebration
- Mark Duffy, 2017 Blessing of the Classics
- Mr. Jerry Peppenger, Vietnam War Moveable Wall
- Tidelands Grants Update – Jason Chiniche
- City Manager’s Report
- Public Comments on Agenda Items. (Limit of 3 minutes each)
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- May 17, 2017 Special Call Meeting
- 2017-195: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-018 finding the Hancock County Sheriff’s Youth Summer Camp to be a social and community service program and thereby approving a match donation in the amount of $500.00 to same.
- 2017-205: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-019 thereby declaring July 3, 2017 a holiday in further observance of Independence Day.
- Action Agenda:
- 2017-173: Motion to approve Memorandum of Understanding with Mississippi Department of Transportation for Golf Club Drive Improvements (sidewalks from Country Club to Kapalama) Project (STP—9241-00(001)LPA/107585-701000).
- 2017-174: Motion to approve Memorandum of Understanding with Mississippi Department of Transportation for East Aloha Drive Widening Project (STP-0045-00(0028)LPA/107584-701000).
- 2017-184 a: Motion to accept and approve Substantial Completion of the City Fitness Trail.
2017-184 b: Motion to approve Final Payment to Twin L. Construction in the amount of $11,294.70 for the City Hall Fitness Trail.
- 2017-194: Motion to declare surplus one (1) special custom ballistic vest and proceed with sale of said surplus vest to the City of Waveland in the amount of $548.00.
- 2017-196: Motion to approve and enter into 2017 Cruisin’ the Coast Agreement.
- 2017-197: Motion to approve final payment in the amount of $1,324.00 to MS Engineering & Development, LLC for professional services relating to the City Hall Fitness Trail Project.
- 2017-198: Motion to approve Payment #4 in the amount of $550.50 to MS Engineering & Development, LLC for professional services relating to the East Aloha Turning Lane Project.
- 2017-199: Motion to accept and award the low bid received from Gulf Breeze Landscaping in the amount of $311,950.00 for Vaught Circle and Bayou Drive Kayak Launch Project, authorize the Interim City Manager to execute the contract for same and to issue the Notice to Proceed as appropriate.
- 2017-200: Motion to post all attachments to the minutes on the City’s website.
- 2017-201: Motion for discussion/possible action for live-streaming council meetings.
- 2017-202: Motion to appoint Audit Committee for FY16 Audit.
- 2017-181: Motion for discussion possible action regarding FY16 Audit Engagement letter.
- 2017-203: Motion to authorize payment in the amount of $1,381.23 to Jeannie Klein for non-exempt compensatory time accrued.
- 2017-204: Motion to approve payments to James J. Chiniche, P.A. Inc in the am0unt of $3,098.00 and $1,155.00 for professional services relating the Bayou Drive Kayak Launch and Hiking/Biking Trail Project and Vaught Circle Kayak Launch projects. (Tidelands 16 Grant Funds)
- 2017-206: Motion to approve a variance to Zoning Ordinance (Article 4.7.5 E I c) to locate a new single dwelling within 18’ 6” of the rear property line located at 222 Fairway Villas Circles. (Miller)
- 2017-207: Motion to approve travel and expenses for Officer Daniel Norris to attend the Detective and New Criminal Investigator Seminar to be held June 26-30, 2017 in Harvey, LA.
- 2017-208: Motion to advertise for the position of Treasurer.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve June 1, 2017 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes, for a total amount of $3,511.15.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT153663– DKT153723).
- Motion to approve APPKT00649.
- Motion to approve APPKT00650.
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items. (Limit of 3 minutes each)