REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
March 20, 2018
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – L’Ecuyer
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. CST on April 3, 2018 in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- Mayor intends to schedule a council workshop with the city manager, open to the public, to discuss and formulate future processes related to:
-The viability and structure of the Diamondhead Country Club and Property Owners Association (POA) in the near future and past 2020
-Three-year plan for the city as it relates to the POA, DWSD, and Diamondhead Fire District
-Review and comments on the City’s zoning and Comprehensive plan.
– Review and comment on the city’s Storm Water Management Plan
– Overall financial viability of the city
- Presentation of Certification of Appreciation to Hancock Girl Scout Troop#6038 for their recent community service project
- FY16 Snnual Financial Report Presentation – Representatives from AVL
- . Frank Bordeaux of BXI Insurance (Bancorp South) – Insurance Renewals
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- March 6, 2018 Regular Meeting.
- Action Agenda:
- 2018-126: Motion to accept the FY16 Annual Finance Report.
- 2018-127: Motion to approve renewal of property, general liability, auto, professional liability and equipment breakdown through BXI Insurance (Bancorp South) and employment practices coverages.
- 2018-128: Motion to accept a one-year extension to the existing fiscal agent banking agreement with Hancock Bank for the City’s depository services with no change to the existing terms and ending April 30, 2019.
- 2018-129: Motion to approve, accept the terms and enter into the 40-year Public Trust Tidelands Lease with the State of Mississippi for Rotten Bayou Kayak Launch and Pier.
- 2018-130: Motion to approve a work assignment in accordance with the Master Services Agreement with Digital Engineering for the assessment and recommendations for the Diamondhead Drive West Drainage Project.
- 2018-131: Motion to approve a work assignment in accordance with the Master Services Agreement with James J. Chiniche for planning and design phase and bidding and construction phases of the Montjoy Creek and Devil’s Elbow Restoration Project (Tidelands 17).
- 2018-132: Motion to approve purchase to two (2) Kabota ProDeck Mowers through State Contract Pricing #8200037369 for the Public Works Department in the amount of $12,554.88 each for a total of 25,109.76.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve March 14, 2018 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $51,551.45.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims (Claims– DKT154611 – DKT154644) in the amount of $85,994.12.
- Motion to approve February 2018 Financials.
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.