REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
May 1, 2018
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Morgan
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held May 1, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. CST in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- City Hall will be closed Monday May 28, 2018 in observance of Memorial Day.
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- April 11, 2018 Special Called Meeting 6:00 p.m.
- April 17, 2018 Regular Meeting
- 2018-145: Motion to adopt Resolution 2018-020 thereby appointing Derek Cusick and Kimber Roten of Estes, Symmes & Cusick to serve as City Prosecutors at the monthly total rate of $3,000.
- 2018-146: Motion to adopt Resolution 2018-021 thereby authorizing a match donation of $500 to the Hancock Sheriff’s Office 2018 Youth Summer Camp pursuant to MS Code §21-19-65.
- 2018-159: Motion to adopt Resolution 2018-022 authorizing the City Manager to execute documents, agreements and documents relating to the daily operations of the city including grants and procurements having been approved by Council, all pursuant to MS Code §29-9-29.
- Action Agenda:
- 2018-147: Motion to accept and approve the donation to the City one (1) McGruff costume with an estimated value of $750 from Goodwill Industries.
- 2018-148: Motion to Payment Request #3 in the amount of $162,515.55 to Gulf Breeze Landscaping for the Bayou Drive/Vaught Circle Kayak Launch Project.
- 2018-149: Motion to approve Payment Request to Jason Chiniche in the amount of $1,970.00 for professional services relating to the Vaught Circle Kayak Launch Project.
- 2018-150: Motion to approve Payment Request to Jason Chiniche in the amount of $1,825.00 for professional services relating to the Bayou Drive Kayak Launch Project.
- 2018-151: Motion to approve Payment Request to Jason Chiniche in the amount of $2,130.00 for professional services relating to the East Aloha Widening Project.
- 2018-152: Motion to declare surplus/salvage equipment and authorize the administration to proceed with proper disposal of same.
- 2018-153: Motion to accept and approve the FY147 Audit Engagement Letter with Wright, Ward, Hatten & Guel and to authorize the City Manager and Mayor to execute same.
- 2018-154: Motion for discussion/possible action regarding FY19 Proposed Budget Timeline.
- 2018-155: Motion to accept the recommendation of the Planning & Zoning Commission to deny the variance as petitioned in Case File 2018-0082 . (Kroll)
- 2018-156: Motion to approve Small Purchase Procedure pursuant to MDOT LPA Consulting Operating Procedures for Professional Services 2.2.1 and the selection of James J. Chiniche, P.A. Inc. for East Aloha Improvement Study Project MDOT Project 0045-00(029)LPA FMS: 107822-711000.
- 2018-157: Motion for discussion and/or possible action regarding the Hancock Chamber Visitor Center Request for Proposal Project Management Agreement.
- 2018-158: Motion to authorize the City Manager to seek quotes for engineering services for the review and preparation of engineer estimate for Turnberry Drive and Turnberry Way and further to authorize a work assignment under the Master Services Engineering Contract and the City Manager to execute same.
- 2018-159: Motion to approve expenses not to exceed $15,000 for landscaping and fencing at the Bayou Drive Kayak Launch funded with Tidelands 16 funds.
- 2018-160: Motion to accept and award the low bid received from A&C Industrial, Inc. in the amount of $91,113.00 for the Diamondhead Drive East Drainage Project, authorize the City Manager to execute contract for same and to issue the Notice to Proceed when appropriate.
- 2018-161: Motion to abolish the Deputy Building Official position, create Building Inspectors, set the salary at $20.00 per hour and approve the job description for same.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve April 25, 2018 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes, in the amount of $51,859.33 and Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes, in the amount of $3,782.78
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT154731 – DKT154755) in the amount of $198,145.59.
- Motion to approve APPKT00804 in the amount of $432.72.
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.