REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
May 15, 2018
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Koenenn
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held June 5, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. CST in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- The East Hancock Library Book Drive will be held Saturday, May 19, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- City Hall will be closed Monday May 28, 2018 in observance of Memorial Day.
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- May 1, 2018 Regular Meeting.
- 2018-163: Resolution 2018-163 Appointing Mississippi Municipal 2018 Voting Delegates for the City of Diamondhead.
- 2018-168: Resolution authorizing signatories for additional depository/checking accounts at Hancock/Whitney Bank.
- Action Agenda:
- 2018-158: Motion to authorize the City Manager to seek quotes for engineering services for the review and preparation of engineer estimate for Turnberry Drive and Turnberry Way and further to authorize a work assignment under the Master Services Engineering Contract and authorize the City Manager to execute same.
- 2018-171: Motion to authorize the City Manager to seek a proposal from Pickering Engineering to provide a redesign and bid for Diamondhead Drive East Drainage Project based on the design subsequently submitted by Griffith.
- 2018-161: Motion to accept and award the low bid received from A&C Industrial, Inc. in the amount of $91,113.00 for the Diamondhead Drive East Drainage Project, authorize the City Manager to execute contract for same and to issue the Notice to Proceed when appropriate.
- 2018-164: Motion approve and enter in to the 2018 Cruisin the Coast Agreement and to authorize payment of participation fee in the amount of $4,000.00.
- 2018-165: Motion to accept Substantial Completion of April 26, 2018 for the Kayak Launches/Hiking Biking Trail Project.
- 2018-166: Motion to approve the Memorandum of Understanding with MDOT for Project STP-0045-00(029)LPA 107822/711000 for the East Aloha Improvement Study.
- 2018-167: Motion to approve payment to Pickering Firm in the amount of $1,000 for professional services relating to the Diamondhead Drive East Drainage Project.
- 2018-168: Motion to approve travel and related expenses for Officers J. Williams and V. Gilbert to attend Constitutional Use of Force Training to be held May 30, 2018 in Harvey, LA.
- 2018-169: Motion to approve travel and related expenses for Officer Sergeant M. Boutte to attend High Risk Control Options Training to be held May 21 – 24, 2018 in Bay St. Louis.
- 2018-172: Motion to authorize the City Manager and City Attorney to review a “Leisure and Recreation District” pursuant to HB1223.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve May 9, 2018 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes, in the amount of $51,618.15.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT154769 – DKT154814) in the amount of $101,232.57.
- Motion to accept April 2018 Financials.
- Motion to accept April 2018 Privilege License Report.
- Department Reports:
- Police Department Recap April 2018
- Building Department Permitting April 2018
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.