FORMAL MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
November 21, 2017
6:00 p.m. CST
CLICK HERE TO VIEW AGENDA DOCUMENTS
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Moran
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. CST on November 21, 2017 in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- City Hall will be closed November 23rd and 24th for Thanksgiving Holidays.
- Presentation by Mayor and Council.
- Bobbi Kittle of Hub International – Employee Insurance Renewals.
- Jason Chiniche, Update on FY18 Tidelands Project.
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items
- Policy Agenda
- Approval of Minutes:
- October 5, 2017
- October 17, 2017
- November 7, 2017
- 2018-053: Motion to adopt Ordinance 2018-002 Providing for the Regulation of Peddlers and Solicitors.
- 2018-033: Motion to adopt Resolution 2018-007 to Appointing Robert Redd (At-Large) to as Commissioner on the Diamondhead Water & Sewer District Board of Commission to fill unexpired term ending September 28, 2019.
- 2018-050: Motion to adopt Resolution 2018-009 Urging the Legislature to allow municipalities to submit debts owed by persons of this State to municipalities and to the State of Mississippi as a result of delinquent traffic fines to the Department of Revenue of collection through a setoff against state income tax refunds owed to the debtor.
- Action Agenda:
- 2018-035: Motion to approve the 2017 Municipal Compliance Questionnaire.
- 2018-049: Motion to authorize contribution to the Gulf Coast Business Council in the amount of $250.00 in support of the Annual Gulf Coast Legislative Reception.
- 2018-051: Motion to authorize travel, related and advanced meal payments for Officers Tom Kent and James Alphonso to attend the Street Survival Seminar to be held December 5 – 6, 2017 in Baton Rouge, LA.
- 2018-052: Motion to approve increased estimated project cost for Exit 16 Lighting, increase federal funding in the amount of $48,485 and increased local match funds in the amount of $12,121.
- 2018-054: Motion for discussion/possible action regarding the Hancock Chamber Visitor Center Feasibility Study.
- 2018-055: Approval of 2018 Employee Insurance renewals at current coverage levels for the period January -December 2018 for major medical with Blue Cross Blue Shield and basic life, dental and vision with Guardian.
- 2018-056: Motion to approve the sole source purchase of BodyWorn Camera Systems and Rocket Communications for the Police Department from Metrix Solutions per a 5-year agreement in the total amount of $60,000.00.
- 2018-057: Motion to approve contract renewal and enter into a 5 year agreement with Tyler Technologies at an annual rate of $35,567.00 for the Incode VX and V9 software licensing and maintenance for finance, municipal court and building departments.
- 2018-058: Motion to approve FY18 Tidelands Grant Award and Grant Agreement and authorize the City Manager to execute same.
- 2018-059: Motion for discussion/possible action regarding the FY18 Tidelands Grant Application amendment.
- 2018-060: Motion to accept and award the proposal of AGJ System for IT Services in the monthly amount of $1,725.00 and further to authorize the City Manager execute the 1-year agreement for same.
- 2018-061: Motion to approve payment to James Chiniche P.A. in the amount of $1,682.50 for professional services relating to the Montjoy Creek Restoration Project funded with Tidelands 18 Grant.
- 2018-062: Motion to approve payment to James Chiniche, P.A. Inc. in the amount of $1,757.38 for professional services relating to Bayou Dr. Kayak Launch funded by Tidelands 17 Grant.
- 2018-063: Motion to approve payment to James Chiniche, P.A. Inc. in the amount of $577.50 for professional services relating the E. Aloha Widening project.
- 2018-064: Motion to approve payment to James Chiniche, P.A. Inc. in the amount $1,095.50 for Live Oak Phase 2 improvements.
- 2018-065: Motion to approve a variance to the Zoning Ordinance (Article 4.6.5.E.iii to build a garage within 11’6″ of rear property line. (Hight)
- 2018-066: Approve Interfund Loans – Tidelands 18, E. Aloha Widening, Tidelands 17.
- 2018-067: Motion to approve Budget Amendments 2018-001-2018-002-2018-003 and 2018-004.
- 2018-068: Motion for discussion/possible action regarding Master Engineering Service Agreement amendments proposed by Linfield, Hunter, Junius, Inc.
- 2018-069: Motion for discussion/possible action regarding Master Engineering Service Contract Agreement amendments proposed by Covington Civil and Engineering.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve November 8, 2017 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $49,125.72.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT154255 – DKT154298) in the amount of $125,175.57.
- Motion to approve APPKT00724 in the amount of $520.12.
- Motion to approve APPKT 00732 in the amount of $1,000.00.
- Motion to approve October 2017 Financials.
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary
- Review applications for City Manager.