FORMAL MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
November 7, 2017
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Depreo
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. CST on November 21, 2017 in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- City Hall will be closed Friday, November 10, 2017 in Observance of Veterans Day Holiday.
- Bill Cork, Chief Executive Officer- Hancock County Port & Harbor Commission – Annual Update.
- City Manager’s Report
- Public Comments on Agenda Items
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- October 5, 2017 Special Called Meeting
- October 17, 2017 Regular Meeting
- November 1, 2017 Special Called Meeting
- 2018-036:Motion to adopt Resolution 2018-008 Authorizing the Closure of City Offices in Observance of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day Holidays.
- Action Agenda:
- 2018-035: Motion to approve the FY17 Municipal Compliance Questionnaire.
- 2018-037: Motion to approve FY17 Budget Amendments (140-09, 100-10, 200-11, 280-12, 000-1 and 150-13.)
- 2018-039: Motion to declare surplus property and proceed with proper disposal.
- 2018-042: Motion to approve travel and related expenses for the Mayor and Councilmembers (tbd) to attend the MML Mid-Winter Conference to be held January 9-11, 2018 in Jackson.
- 2018-043: Motion to authorize expenses not to exceed $3,000 for the Holiday Celebration on the Town Green to be held December 7, 2017.
- 2018-044: Motion to lift the existence of local emergency declared October 6, 2017 as the result of Tropical Storm Nate.
- 2018-045: Motion to approve 2018 CASA Gala Sponsorship at the $1,000 level.
- 2018-046: Motion to approve variance to Zoning Ordinance (Article 4.6.5.E.iii) to replace an existing roof over a concrete patio within 7’. Case File 2017-00331 (P. Marshal)
- 2018-047: Motion to approve variance to Zoning Ordinance (Article 4.7.5.E.c) to allow construction of a single-family home within 10’ 7/8” of rear property line. Case File 2017-00299 (L. Peterson)
- 2018-048: Motion to authorize the City Manager to review moving the Police Department to the 1st floor of City Hall and to review the master floor plan for the 2nd floor.
- 2018-049: Motion for discussion/possible action regarding live streaming of council meetings and authorizing administration to purchase necessary equipment in the amount of $500.00.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve October 25, 2017 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $48,647.61 and November 1, 2017 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $3,264.81.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT154214 – DKT154241) in the amount of $13,845.69.
- Motion to approve APPKT00724 in the amount of $520.12.
- Public Comments on Non- Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.