REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
October 16, 2018
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Morgan
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held November 6, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. CST in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- Hancock County Hazard Waste Collection Event will be at Coast Electric Power Association in Kiln on Saturday, October 20th from 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Proclaim Chamber of Commerce Week and National Support Your Local Chamber of Commerce Day with presentation to Tish Williams, Hancock Chamber Director.
- Chuck Branch, NextSite, LLC presentation
- Ben Benvenutti, Covington Engineering – Turnberry Drainage
- Mark Duffy, Blessing of the Classics Update
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- October 2, 2018
- Code Enforcement Hearings/Actions:
- Public Hearing: A Menace to the Public Health, Safety and Welfare of the Community at 9615 LaaLa Way, Diamondhead, MS (property owner Angeline Webster).
2018-301: Motion to consider Resolution 2018-042 finding and adjudicating property located at 9615 Laa La Way, Diamondhead, MS is in such a state of uncleanliness to be a menace to the public health, safety and welfare of the citizenry of the City and authorizing quote solicitation to have said land cleared and cleaned and to assess the costs to the said property owner.
- Action Agenda:
- 2018-285: Motion to authorize payment of FY19 budget allocation in the amount of $30,000 to East Hancock Library.
- 2018-292: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $2,750.00 to Digital Engineering for professional services relating to the Diamondhead Dive West Drainage Project.
- 2018-293: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $2,654.50 to Digital Engineering for professional services relating to the GIS System Update – Phase 1.
- 2018-294: Motion to approve retentions stipends in the amount of $250.00 for Diamondhead Police Department Officer Gilbert effective October 1, 2018, Officers Pham and Dell effective October 13, 2018.
- 2018-295: Motion to authorize funding activation for the MDOT Surface Transportation Block Grant as awarded through GRPC MPO for the commercial area improvement study.
- 2018-296: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $1,347.50 to James J. Chiniche, PA, Inc. for professional services relating to the Devil’s Elbow Improvements (Tidelands 17 project)
- 2018-297: Motion to authorize the purchase of one (1) Ford Police Interceptor Utility Vehicle from Courtesy Ford in the amount of $27,628.00 through State Contract Pricing 8200042000 and to accept the low quote from Gray-Daniels Ford in the amount of $5,625 for the Enforcer Patrol Package for a total purchase in the amount of $33,378.00.
- 2018-298: Motion to authorize continued support to Keep Diamondhead Beautiful in the amount of $250.00 per month.
- 2018-299: Motion to accept and award the low quote received from Duhon Machinery in the amount of $40,124.52 for the purchase of one (1) E35 33HP ZTS Bobcat Compact Excavator.
- 2018-300: Motion to authorize travel expenses for councilmembers (tbd) and city manager to attend the MML CMO elective course to be held October 29, 2018 in Hattiesburg.
- 2018-302: Motion to approve Budget Amendment 2018-200-055.
- 2018-303: Motion to approve to advertise for Request for Qualifications for financial auditing services for the fiscal years 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- 2018-304: Motion to authorize hosting a senior fair and authorize expenses not to exceed $500.00.
- 2018-305: Motion to authorize $29,000 allocation to East Hancock Library for FY19.
- 2018-306: Motion for discussion of proposed Activity Center/Town Green Rental Policy.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims DKT155251–DKT155315) the amount of $189,828.68.
- Motion to approve October 10, 2018, Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes, in the amount of $51,009.87.
- September 2018 Financials.
- Departmental Reports for September 2018:
- Privilege Licensing
- Building Department
- Police Department
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.