FORMAL MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
September 19, 2017
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Koenenn
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. CST on October 3, 2017 in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- Hancock County is hosting the annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day on Saturday, September 30, 2017 at Coast Electric Power Association on Highway 603 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- National Night Out will be held 5:30 p.m. on October 9, 2017 at City Hall.
- The City’s Annual Cruisin’ the Coast “Blessing of the Classics” and Cruise-In will be held Wednesday, October 4th from 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Mark Duffy – 2017 Blessing of the Classics Update.
- Blaine LaFontaine, Jimmie Ladner and Heather Smith –Solid Waste.
- City Manager’s Report
- Public Comments on Agenda Items
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- September 5, 2017 Formal Meeting
- 2017-311: Ordinance 2017-001 An Ordinance Adopting and Enacting a New Code for the City of Diamondhead, Mississippi; providing for the Repeal of Certain Ordinances not included therein; provided a penalty for the violation thereof; providing for the manner of amending such code; and providing when such code and this Ordinance shall become effective.
- 2017-314: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-049 thereby resolving to establish FY18 Salaries and to incorporate same in the Official Minutes.
- Action Agenda:
- 2017-312: Motion to approve FY18 Agreement with the SPCA of Diamondhead, Inc. in the amount of $800.00 per month for specified services provided for therein.
- 2017-315: Motion to approve annual contribution to CASA in the amount of $4240.00 for FY18 pursuant to MS Code §21-19-46.
- 2017-316: Motion to approve Pay Request 1 to Gulf Breeze Landscaping LLC in the amount of $36,370.75 for services related to the Bayou Drive and Vaught Circle Kayak Launches.
- 2017-317: Motion to authorize City Manager to review with Pickering Engineering the Diamondhead Drive East Construction plans and provide a solution and probable cost for Watershed G outfall pipe crossing.
- 2017-318: Motion to approve revised Engineering Work Assignments for the Kayak/Hiking Trail and Live Oak Phase II.
- 2017-319: Motion to accept and award sealed bids for the sale of surplus property.
- 2017-320: Motion for discussion/possible action with regard to FY18 appropriation to the Hancock County Library System.
- 2017-321: Motion authorize use of city-owned chairs by the Diamondhead Water & Sewer District for its 2016 FEMA Lift Station Project Groundbreaking Ceremony pursuant to request.
- 2017-322: Motion authorize the City Manager to negotiate terms of contract with potential third-party IT service providers.
- 2017-323: Motion to approve Work Assignment under the Master Engineering Service Contract for James J. Chiniche for the permitting phase of the Rotten Bayou Restoration.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT154028 – DKT154063) in the amount of $170,213.64.
- Motion to approve September 13, 2017 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $45,248.06.
- Motion to approve Financials for August 2017.
- Public Comments on Non Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.