The September 4, 2018 6:00 p.m. meeting postponed due to
Tropical Storm Gordon will be held
Thursday, September 6, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
September 6, 2018
5:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember L’Ecuyer
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held September 18, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. CST in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- Introduction of City Lobbyist – Trey Bobinger with Point One Strategist, LLC.
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- August 21, 2018 Regular Meeting
- August 27, 2018 Recess Meeting
- 2018-253: Motion to adopt Resolution 2018-036 thereby approving and adopting the FY2019 Budget as finally determined by the governing authority.
- 2018-254: Motion to adopt Resolution 2018-037 thereby levying tax millage for FY2019 at the rate of 34.00 mills.
- 2018-255: Motion to adopt Resolution 2018-038 establishing FY2019 Compensation for all employees of the City of Diamondhead.
- 2018-262: Motion to concur with the Planning & Zoning Commission and adopt Resolution 2018-039 a text amendment to the Zoning Ordinance thereby amending Article 4.6.5 E ii to reduce the side yard set back from 10’ to 8’ in an R-2 Zoning District.
- 2018-257: Motion to adopt Ordinance 2012-018-2 establishing salaries for the Mayor and City Councilmembers effective FY19.
- Action Agenda:
- 2018-258: Motion to authorize the City Manager and Engineer to coordinate with MS Department of Marine Resources, MS Department of Environmental Quality and US Army Corp of Engineers regarding Devil’s Elbow permit application and to consider requesting to modify existing application or resubmit permit application based on MSDMR recommendation.
- 2018-252: Motion to approve job descriptions for all city positions.
- 2018-256: Motion to adopt the Rotten Bayou Watershed Implementation Plan.
- 2018-259: Motion to concur with the recommendation of the Planning & Zoning Commission allow a variance from the Zoning Ordinance (Article 9.8.J) as petitioned to build a 6’ wooden privacy fence within 4’ 10” of the northeast property line along Kola Street at 10869 Ala Moana Street. (Murphy)
- 2018-260: Motion to concur with the recommendation of the Planning & Zoning Commission to allow a variance from the Zoning Ordinance (Article 4.6.5 E iii) as petitioned to build a covered patio within 5’ of the rear property line at 7419 Mahalo Hui Drive. (LeJeune)
- 2018-261: Motion to concur with the recommendation of the Planning & Zoning Commission to allow a variance from Zoning Ordinance (Article 4.5.5 E iii) to build a covered patio over existing slab within 7’ 2” of the rear property line at 5620 Ahuawa Place. (Embry)
- 2018-263: Motion to authorize travel and related expenses for Michael Reso to attend the scholarship funded True South Basic Economic Development Course to be held September 17 – 20, 2018 in Hattiesburg.
- 2018-264: Motion to accept quote received from Jani King in the amount of $1,783 per month and a one-time fee of $4,170 for an initial cleaning of City Hall.
- 2018-265: Motion to reconsider action on August 21, 2018 whereby action was taken regarding Ieke Drive drainage to accept Option and further to accept Option 3 rather than Option 1 and authorize City Manager to solicit, accept and award quotes to proceed with the project provided the costs are less than $25k as projected.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve August 29, 2018 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes, in the amount of $43,146.53 and August 31, 2018 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes, in the amount of $3,782.78.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims DKT155081–DKT155111) the amount of $42,378.73.
- Motion to APPKT00857 in the amount of $882.68.
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.