REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
Tuesday, August 20, 2019
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Mayor Schafer
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. CST in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- City Hall will be closed Monday, September 2nd in observance of Labor Day.
- 2020 Census Presentation by Traycee Scott Williams and presentation of Proclamation 2020 Census Complete Count Committee
- Clayton Branch, Director Home Services Deployment, Update CSpire Residential Installation
- FY18 Financial Audit Report
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- July 22, 2019 Regular Meeting
- August 6, 2019 Regular Meeting
- 2019-193: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-028 authorizing the transfer in the amount of $22,887.73 from the General Fund to the Fiduciary Fund.
- Consent Agenda:
- 2019-187: Motion to approve monthly stipend for Office Christopher Cousins effective July 15, 2019.
- 2019-188: Motion to declare surplus/obsolete equipment, remove from inventory and proceed with proper disposal.
- 2019-189: Motion to approve interfund transfers and interfund loans.
- 2019-190: Motion to approve and ratify Work Assignment with Covington Civil and Environmental in the amount of $2,000 for Beau Vue Phase 2 Subdivision review.
- 2019-191: Motion to approve the creation of the Diamondhead BBQ Competition and Festival for the FY20.
- 2019-192: Motion to approve the revised monthly service fee of $208.99 per month for the fiber optic services at City Hall.
- 2019-196: Motion to approve the Master Services Agreement Work Assignment in the amount of $23,867.93 with James J. Chiniche the MDOT East Aloha Widening Project, authorize the City Manager to execute same upon MDOT concurrence and approve to advertise for bids for the project.
- 2019-197: Motion to approve payment to Pickering Firm in the amount of $5040.92 for professional services relating to the Diamondhead Drive East Drainage Project.
- Action Agenda.
- 2019-194: Motion to concur with the recommendation of the Planning and Zoning Commission to approve a variance from Table 4.1 Zoning District Summary Setbacks and Related Requirements, R-3 Single Family, All Other Uses, Density in the matter of Case File 201900311 to allow 8 dwelling units (2×4 unit condos) on a 0.83 acre parcel of property located east of and adjacent to Golf Club Drive and south of and adjacent to Moanalua Way next to Lakeside Villa identified as Tax Parcel 067P-0-35-183.000 filed by MDGA, LLC represented by Casano Law Firm.
- 2019-195: Motion to concur with the recommendation of the Planning and Zoning Commission to approve a change to the current zoning district classification in the matter of Case File 2019000310 from Public Facility and Recreation (PFR) to Medium Density Singly Family- R-2 for Tax Parcel 067G-2-25-010.002 and 067F-2-26-107.000 owned by Purcell Company and to Low Density -R-2 for Tax Parcel 067K2-36-156.000 owned by Peoples’ Bank.
- 2019-198: Motion to reject the sole bid received for the Road Improvement and Maintenance Project.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve Docket of Claims (DKT156282 – DKT156308) in the amount of $123,998.67 for August 2019.
- July 2019 Financial Reports.
- Department Reports for June 2019:
- Building Department
- Code Enforcement
- Police Department
- Privilege License
- Solid Waste
VII. Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
VIII. Executive Session, if necessary.