REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
August 21, 2018
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Koenenn
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held September 4, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. CST in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- All City Hall offices will be closed September 3, 2018 in observance the Labor Day Holiday.
- FY19 Budget Public Hearing will be held Monday, August 27, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
- Rotten Bayou Watershed Implementation Plan- Judy Steckler, Executive Director of Land Trust for the Mississippi Coastal Plain
- Visitor Center Request for Proposal – Linda McCarthy of the Hancock Chamber of Commerce
- Waste Management Recycling Program, Jenna Bennett
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- August 7, 2018 Regular Meeting
- 2018-241: Motion to adopt Resolution 2018-035 thereby reappointing Benjamin Taylor to serve a Diamondhead Water & Sewer Commissioner for a term of five years.
- 2018-245: Motion to order the City of Diamondhead join the Incentive Policy of Hancock County thereby exempting Municipal Ad Valorem Taxes in the Business Zone previously established by Hancock County within the city limits.
- Action Agenda:
- 2018-238: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $776.00 to Digital Engineering for GIS System updating
- 2018-239: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $1 ,275.00 to Digital Engineering for professional services relating to the Diamondhead Drive West drainage project.
- 2018-240: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $4,718.50 to Pickering Firm for professional services relating to the Diamondhead Drive East drainage project.
- 2018-242: Motion to approve payment #5 in the amount of $4,030.00 to James J. Chiniche for professional services relating to the East Aloha Widening MDOT TIP Project.
- 2018-243: Motion to host the 2nd Annual National Night Out on October 8, 2018 and further to authorize related expenses not to exceed $750.00.
- 2018-244: Motion to authorize travel and related expenses for Mayor Schafer, Councilmembers (TBD) and Michael Reso to attend the MML Small Town Conference to be held October 24-25, 2018 in Vicksburg.
- 2018-246: Motion to approve the Request for Proposal specifications and authorize the RFP advertisement for a City of Diamondhead Visitor Center.
- 2018-247: Motion to authorize the City Manager to make application to the National Flood Insurance Program Community Rating System.
- 2018-248: Motion to declare surplus equipment and proceed with proper disposal.
- 2018-249: Motion to accept the City Manager’s recommendation to select Point One Strategist, LLC (Trey Bobinger) to serve as the City’s lobbyist and to enter into contract for same at the rate of $2,500 monthly ($30,000 annually) and an annual expense budget in the amount of $6,000.
- 2018-250: Motion for discussion and/or possible action regarding the Ieke Drainage project.
- 2018-251: Motion to create and abolish positions and approve job descriptions.
- 2015-251: Motion to approve job descriptions for all city positions.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve August 15, 2018 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes, in the amount of $49,402.99.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims DKT155041–DKT155080) the amount of $175,736.51.
- Motion to accept the July 2018 Financial Report.
- Motion to accept July 2018 Departmental Reports:
- Privilege License
- Building Department
- Police Department
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.
- Recess to August 27, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. for FY19 Budget Public Hearing.