REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
February 19, 2019
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Mayor Schafer
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. CST on in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- City Hall will be closed Tuesday, March 5, 2019 for Mardi Gras Holiday.
- A public hearing into the proposed solid waste collection fee increase will be held Wednesday, March 6, 2019.
- Proclaim February 28, 2019 Rare Disease Day in the City of Diamondhead.
- Bill Cork, Executive Director of the Hancock County Port & Harbor Commission
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- February 5 Regular Meeting.
- 2019-028: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-008 thereby supporting local and private legislation to allow the governing authority to enact a parks and recreational special parcel assessment.
- 2019-039: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-009 thereby appointing Todd Torgeson (Ward 3) to serve as Planning & Zoning Commissioner for a 3-year term beginning March 1, 2019 and expiring March 2022.
- 2019-042: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-010 thereby appointing David Hector (Ward 2) to serve as Planning & Zoning Commissioner for a 3-year term beginning March 1, 2019 and expiring March 2022.
- Consent Agenda.
- 2019-032: Motion to approve Payment 3 in the amount of $3,437.50 to Digital Engineering for professional services relating to the GIS System update.
- 2019-033: Motion to declare Police Department Unit #803 (VIN 2FAFP71W35X169803) surplus, establish salvage value to be $1.00 and approve sale of same to the Hancock County Sheriff’s Office.
- 2019-034: Motion to authorize support of the VFW Post 2880 Annual Memorial Day Service.
- 2019-035: Motion to authorize travel and related expenses for Patrick Dell, Michael Riggs and Vincente Gilbert to attend surveillance training to be held May 1-2, 2019 in Gulfport.
- 2019-036: Motion to authorize travel and related expenses for James Alphonso and William Reid to attend Detective Level II training to be held April 1 – 5, 2019 in Biloxi.
- 2019-037: Motion to approve monthly stipend in the amount of $250 for Collette White effective March 1, 2019 and A. J. Gambino effective May 1, 2019.
- 2019-038: Motion to approve Payment 4 in the amount of $49,485.44 to Webster Electric for the I-10 Interchange Lighting Project.
- 2019-041: Motion to authorize Michael Reso to participate in and travel to related classes of the Gulf Coast Business Council Master Leadership Program to be held monthly.
- Action Agenda.
- 2019-040: Motion for discussion/possible action regarding the Activity Center and Grounds of City Hall Rental agreement and procedures.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT155733 – DKT155765) in the amount of $216,440.76.
- Motion to approve February 13, 2018 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $55,068.89.
- Motion to approve January 2019 Financials.
- Departmental Reports for December 2018:
- Privilege Licensing
- Building Department
- Code Enforcement (11/26/18 – 2/13/19)
- Police Department
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.