REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
February 5, 2019
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Koenenn
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. CST in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- City Hall will be closed February 18, 2019 in observance of President’s Day.
- Presentation by Building Official Ronald Jones – FEMA Compliance Audit.
- Parks and Recreation Parcel Assessment Presentation – City Manager Reso.
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- January 15, 2019 Regular Meeting
- 2019-019: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-006 thereby discontinuing recycling curbside, directing the administration to implement dumpster/roll recycling program, declaring intent to increase solid waste fees, setting a public hearing for March 5, 2019 and authorizing the advertisement for same.
- 2019-020: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-007 thereby appointing William Hourin of Ward 1 to service as Planning and Zoning Commissioner to fill an unexpired term ending March 2021.
- Consent Agenda:
- 2019-021: Motion to approve and enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with MDOT for the grant funded Commercial Area Connectivity Study and to authorize the City Manager to execute same.
- 2019-022: Motion to authorize selection of and work assignment with Digital Engineering under the Master Services Contract for professional services relating to the Commercial Area Connectivity Study and to authorize the City Manager to execute same upon MDOT concurrence.
- 2019-023: Motion to approve Pay Request No. 3 in the amount of $41,132.13 to Webster Electric for construction for the I-10 Lighting Project.
- 2019-024: Motion to approve Pay Request No. 2 in the amount of $26,055.89 and Payment No. 3 in the amount of $2,493.00 for total payment in the amount of $28,548.89 for the police department build out and acceptance of close out and substantial completion as of January 18, 2019.
- 2019-025: Motion to approve final payment to Eley Guild Hardy Architects in the amount of $400.00 for professional services relating to the police department build out.
- 2019-026: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $2,586.93 to James J. Chiniche for professional services relating the Tidelands 17 Project – Devil’s Elbow and Montjoy Creek Improvements.
- 2019-027: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $1,869.53 to James J. Chiniche for professional services relating to the East Aloha Drive Improvements Study.
- 2019-029: Motion to concur with the recommendation of the Planning & Zoning Commission in Case File 201800495 to approve a variance to the Zoning Ordinance Article 4.5.5 E iii for the construction of pool lanai within 10’ of the rear property line on parcel 067N-2-35-018.000 (7634 Tahiti Circle) property owner Waltman.
- 2019-030: Motion to authorize travel and related expenses for Mayor, Councilmember (tbd) and City Manager to attend the MML Annual Conference to be held June 24 – 26, 2019 in Biloxi.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve January 16, 2019 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $55,271.35, January 30, 2019 Payroll Payables in the amount of $47,346.33 and February 1, 2019 Payroll Payables in the amount of $4,597.67.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims DKT155583–DKT155642) in the amount of $130,863.19.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims (Claim DKT 155643) in the amount of $430.00
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.