REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
January 15, 2019
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Morgan
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. CST in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- City Hall will be closed January 21, 2019 in observance of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Robert E. Lee Holiday.
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- January 2, 2019 Regular Meeting
- Public Hearing: Public comments regarding proposed Solid Waste Fee Increase effective April 1, 2019.
- 2019-008: Motion to adopt Ordinance 2013.040.1 thereby increasing the solid waste collection fees from $126.48 to 174.48 annually effective April 1, 2019.
- Public Hearing: Public comments regarding proposed text amendment
- 2019-009: Motion to adopt Ordinance 2012-019.3 amending the text by deleting Article 8.4.1.C.
- 2019-007: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-003 thereby authorizing the Diamondhead Water & Sewer District usage of City Hall Facilities on February 6 and 7, 2019 for its annual rural water association meeting.
- 2019-010– Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-004 thereby appointing John Rubar to serve as City of Diamondhead Planning & Zoning Commissioner to fill an unexpired term ending March 2020.
- Consent Agenda:
- 2019-012: Motion to approve to advertise for Request for Proposal for depository services for the City for a 2-year period.
- 2019-013: Motion to approve to advertise for bids for Diamondhead Drive East Drainage Improvement contingent upon receipt of necessary permitting.
- 2019-014: Motion to approve payment to Digital Engineering in the amount of $2,539.00 for professional services relating to the GIS System Update Phase 1.
- 2019-015: Motion to declare surplus equipment and proceed with proper disposal.
- 2019-016: Motion to approve to enter into agreement with Plan House Enterprises, LLC to provide electronic bidding services for the City.
- 2019-017: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $7,000 to Hancock Chamber for services relating the Visitor Center RFP project.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims DKT155546–DKT155582) in the amount of $167,563.19.
- Motion to accept December 2018 Financial Report.
- Departmental Reports for December 2018:
- Privilege Licensing
- Building Department
- Police Department
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.