REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
Tuesday, July 16, 2019
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Morgan
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- If necessary, a FY20 Budget Workshop (Recess Meeting) July 22, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. CST in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. CST in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- Presentation from Hancock County Port and Harbor Commission and discussion of Master Planning of new properties at Port Bienville and Stennis International Airport.
- Ronald Jones, Building Official -discussion regarding no net fill concept as it relates to construction.
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- July 2, 2019 Recess Meeting.
- July 2, 2019 Regular Meeting.
- 2019-170: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-024 thereby repealing Resolution 2014-110 and the criteria and policy allowing for the use of third-party inspection services.
- 2019-172: Resolution 2019- 025 authorizing a grant application to the Mississippi Development Authority for Gulf Coast Restoration Fund and for other related purposes.
- 2019-174: Resolution 2019-026 authorizing a grant application to the U. S. Department of Transportation for FY19 Better Utilizing Investments to Leverage Development (BUILD) Grant Program funds, committing local match and for other related purposes.
- 2019-173: Motion to proclaim existence of a local emergency (Tropical Storm Barry) commencing on or about 10:30 a.m. July 11, 2019 in accordance with MS Code §33-15-17(d).
- Consent Agenda:
- 2019-164: Motion to approve payment to Digital Engineering in the amount of $3,698.00 for professional services relating to the plan review services.
- 2019-165: Motion to approve payment to Digital Engineering in the amount of $316.00 for professional services relating to GIS Maintenance.
- 2019-166: Motion to approve payment to Digital Engineering in the amount of $20,000.00 for professional services relating to the Road Maintenance & Improvements Project.
- 2019-167: Motion to approve payment to James J. Chiniche in the amount to or 1,413.75 for professional services relating to the Devil’s Elbow/Montj0y Creek Improvements (Tidelands 18.)
- 2019-168: Motion to authorize the City Manager to negotiate memoranda of understanding with property owners for right of ways and to contract for professional services for wetlands delineation for proposed I-10 frontage road.
- 2019-171: Motion to approve Budget Amendments 2019-14.
- Action Agenda.
- 2019-169: Motion to declare the City’s intent to renew or terminate curbside recycling on November 30, 2019.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(156180-156216) in the amount of $148,315.70.
- Motion to approve Payroll Payables “Off Docket” Claims DKT156177-156179 in the amount of $9,752.41, PR Claim011 in the amount of $30,608.72 and PR Claim012 in the amount of $30.608.72 for the month of June 2019.
- June 2019 Financial Reports.
- Department Reports for June 2019:
- Building Department
- Code Enforcement
- Police Department
- Privilege License
- Solid Waste
VII. Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
VIII. Executive Session, if necessary.