REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
Tuesday, July 2, 2019
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Moran
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- FY20 Budget Workshop (Recess Meeting) July 16, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. CST in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. CST in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- City Hall will be closed July 4th and 5th in observance of Independence Day.
- Keep Diamondhead Beautiful Update – Karen Rice
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- June 18, 2019 Regular Meeting.
- 2019-152: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-023 authorizing the City of Diamondhead to abandon an existing drainage/utility easement on the common property line and to accept the donation and acquisition of drainage/utility easement all within said Lots 58 and 59 Diamondhead Phase 1, Unit 8, Block 4. (Jones and Melancon)
- Consent Agenda:
- 2019-153: Motion to approve payment to James J. Chiniche in the amount of $1,680.00 for professional services relating to Devil’s Elbow and Montjoy Creek Improvements (Tidelands 18).
- 2019-154: Motion to enter into Master Agreement Work Assignment with James J. Chiniche in the amount of $4,000 for professional services for preparation of plats and legal descriptions for relating to the East Aloha Improvement Study.
- 2019-158: Motion to approve monthly stipends in the amount of $250.00 for Officers Karl Kirsch, effective June 16, 2019 and Jace Favre, effective July 7, 2019.
- 2019-159: Motion to accept Secretary of State Land Patents for Parcel 068J-1-41-226.000 and Parcel 068J-1-41-226.000.
- 2019-160: Motion to accept the low quote received Moran’s Electric in the amount of $26,750.00 for underground utilities (electrical services and lighting) on Gex Drive from intersection to Diamondhead Circle.
- Action Agenda.
- 2019-155: Motion to concur with the recommendation of the Planning & Zoning Commission to grant a variance in the matter of Case File 201900273 to allow the construction of a home within 10’ of the south property line at 94181 Bayou Drive (Parcel 067E-1-26-051.000. (Fandal)
- 2019-156: Motion to concur with the recommendation of the Building Official for approval of the Elliott Homes Subdivision Final Plat subject to engineering inspection to be performed during the construction phase and certifying documents from said engineer that construction was completed in accordance with approved plans.
- 2019-157: Motion to declare intent to renew or terminate curbside recycling in the City of Diamondhead.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims–DKT156157- DKT156174) in the amount of $41,786.87.
- Motion to approve Docket of Claims (Claims DKT156176 in the amount of $947.49.
- Motion to approve Payroll Payables “Off Docket” Claims DKT156140 in the amount of $1495.62, DKT156141 – DKT 156156 in the amount of $47,905.50, PR Claim007 in the amount of $3,864.78, PR Claim $3,864.78, PR Claim008 in the amount of $31,858.37, PR Claim009 in the amount of $31,733.06 and PR Claim010 in the amount of $3,633.91 and DKT156055-DKT156062 in the amount of $36,909.61 for the month of June 2019.
- May 2019 Financial Reports.
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.