REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
July 5, 2017
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Mayor Schafer
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. CST on July 18, 2017 in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- City Manager’s Report
- Public Comments on Agenda Items. (Limit of 3 minutes each)P
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- June 20, 2017 Special Called Meeting
- June 20, 2017 Formal Meeting
- 2017-216: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-02 Appointing a Mayor Pro Tem.
- 2017-217: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-025 Reappointing Richard Sullivan to serve as Interim City Manager.
- 2017-218: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-026 Reappointing Jeannie Klein to the position of City Clerk.
- 2017-219: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-027 Reappointing Tammy Garber to the position of Deputy City Clerk.
- 2017-220: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-028 Reappointing Lisa McSwain to the position of Municipal Court Clerk.
- 2017-221: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-029 Reappointing Tammy Garber to the position of Interim Treasurer.
- 2017-222: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-030 Reappointing R. Hayes Johnson, Jr. to serve as Municipal Court Judge.
- 2017-223: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-031 Reappointing Lauren Prater to the position of Deputy Court Clerk.
- 2017-224: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-032 Reappointing Connie Scott to the position of Deputy Court Clerk.
- 2017-225: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-033 Adopting Contract Tindell, Symmes, Estes & Cusick, PLLC for the term July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2021.
- 2017-226: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-034 Reappoint John Dawson to serve as City Prosecutor until July 23, 2017.
- 2017-227: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-035 Reaffirming FY17 compensation for all city employees.
- 2017-228: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-036 designating the City Manager to be the point of contact and signatory for grants and agreements.
- 2017-229: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-037 authorizing Hancock Bank account signatories for City depository accounts.
- 2017-230: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-038 to appoint as the voting delegate Mayor Schafer and First Alternate for the 2017 MML Officer Elections.
- 2017-232: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-040 Res 2017-040 Appointing Officers Thomas Kent, Michael Boutte and Benjamin Bowden to serve as Deputy Municipal Court Clerks.
- 2017-233: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-041 Appointing Dempsey Milton to serve as Planning and Zoning Commissioner for a three year term ending March 2020.
- 2017-234: Motion to adopt Resolution 2017-042 Abandoning a drainage/utility easement along the common property line between Lots 32 and 33 Diamondhead Subv. Phase 2 at address 9541 Kolo Way (J. Lesso).
- Action Agenda:
- 2017-235: Motion to approve Payment No. 5 to MS Engineering & Development, LLC in the amount of $3,070.00 for services relating to the East Aloha Turning Lanes Project.
- 2017-236: Motion to acknowledge and accept notice of declination of automatic contract renewal (July 22, 2017) with Professional Grant Management Services, LLC.
- 2017-237: Motion to accept the resignation of City Prosecutor, John Dawson, effective July 23, 2017.
- 2017-238: Motion to uphold the recommendation of the Planning & Zoning Commission and thereby deny a request for variance to the Zoning Ordinance (Article 4.6.5 E ii) for a side yard setback at 9824 Ala Moana Street. (A. Darsam)
- 2017-240: Motion to advertise for RFP’s for Engineering Services under the Master Service Agreement.
- 2017-241: Motion to advertise for Computer/IT Consultants.
- 2017-242: Motion to approve to advertise for bids for complete paving for Live Oak Drive Phase 2.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve June 21, 2017 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes, for a total amount of $51,945.63.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT153792 -DKT153818) in the amount of $103,413.54.
- Motion to approve APPKT 00665 in the amount of $873.28.
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items. (Limit of 3 minutes each)