REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
Tuesday, June 18, 2019
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Depreo
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. CST on in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- City Hall will be closed July 4th and 5th in observance of Independence Day.
- Update CASA of Hancock County – Cynthia Chauvin, Director
- Update by Diamondhead SPCA – Toni Grey
- Jason Chiniche – East Aloha Drive Improvement Plan
- Ronald Jones – MEMA Community Assistance Visit Update
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- June 4, 2019 Regular Meeting.
- Tabled Items:
- 2019-107: Motion to approve construction plans (general plan) for Beau Vue Phase 2 pending final approval from Digital Engineering.
- 2019-142: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-021 thereby authorizing an application to the Mississippi Development Authority for a Mississippi Small Municipality and Limited Population Grant in the amount of $150,000 including $30,000 local match funding for East Aloha Improvement Project and for other related purposes.
- 2019-143: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-022 thereby authorizing an application to the MS Department of Marine Resources for FY2021 MS Tidelands Trust Funds in the amount of $400,000 for water access amenities and ancillaries at Noma Drive and for other related purposes.
- Consent Agenda:
- 2019-134: Motion to approve payment request from Digital Engineering the amount of $13,160.00 for professional services relating to the Road Maintenance and Improvements as outlined in the 5 Year Road Maintenance and Improvements.
- 2019-135: Motion to approve payment to Digital Engineering in the amount of $2,133.00 for Beau Vue and $947.50 for Elliott Homes plan review services.
- 2019-136: Motion to approve payment to Digital Engineering in the amount of$1,299.00 for professional services relating to the GIS Maintenance.
- 2019-137: Motion to approve payment to Digital Engineering in the amount of$4,500.00 for professional services relating to the survey of Leisure Time Drive and Park Ten Drive.
- 2019-138: Motion to approve payment to Digital Engineering the amount of $1,006.50 for professional services relating to the GIS System Update.
- 2019-139: Motion to approve final payment to Pickering Engineering in the amount of $3,207.38 for professional services relating to the Exit 16 Lighting Project.
- 2019-140: Motion to enter into agreement with First Point for background check process on an as-needed basis.
- 2019-141: Motion to accept the 5-Year Road Improvement Plan and approve same to serve as guide for street improvement planning.
- 2019-144: Motion to authorize the City Manager to begin negotiations with private property owners regarding property acquisition for permanent drainage.
- 2019-148: Motion to approve budget amendments and to amend the FY19 budget accordingly.
- 2019-149: Motion to accept the proposal and approve to enter into Work Assignment under Master Service Agreement with Linfield, Hunter & Junius, Inc. in the amount of $38,950 for professional services to develop a master plan for certain undeveloped commercial properties.
- 2019-150: Motion to accept and authorize the City Manager to execute the US Army Corp Permit documents for the Devil’s Elbow restoration/dredging.
- 2019-151: Motion to approve letter from governing authority in support of BUILD Grant funding for Interstate 10 Commercial Frontage Road Project.
- Action Agenda.
- 2019-145: Motion for discussion with regard to Article 10 – Sign Ordinance.
- 2019-146: Motion for discussion/action regarding the Diamondhead POA Collaborative Committee Request for assistance with POA permitting.
- 2019-147: Motion to authorize the administration/Planning and Zoning Commission to conduct a public hearing in the matter of zoning district reclassification for certain property owned by Purcell Corporation and People’s Bank.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims–DKT156102- DKT156139) in the amount of $225,479.17.
- Departmental Reports for May 2019:
- Privilege Licensing
- Building Department
- Code Enforcement including slab removal status report
- Police Department
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.