REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
June 19, 2018
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember L’Ecuyer
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held July 3, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. CST in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- South Mississippi Professional Development District – Paving Study Report.
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- June 5, 2018 Regular Meeting.
- 2018-203: Ordinance 2018-003 Ordinance Creating, Alcohol, Beer and Wine Leisure and Recreation Districts and Regulations.
- 2018-197: Motion to adopt Resolution 2018-029 Employing Albert R. Jordan of Carter & Jordan, PLLC and Derek R. Cusick of Symmes, Estes & Cusick, PLLC to Represent Diamondhead, MS Regarding Opioid Litigation thereby approving the Contingent Fee Contract/Attorney Fee Contract contingent contract and for other related matters.
- Action Agenda:
- 2018-193: Motion to approve payment to James J. Chiniche Engineering in the amount of $2,612.50 for professional services relating to the Devil’s Elbow Permitting (Tidelands 17 Grant Funds).
- 2018-194: Motion to approve payment to James J. Chiniche Engineering in the amount of $2,300.00 for professional services relating Ieke Drive Drainage.
- 2018-195: Motion to approve payment to James J. Chiniche Engineering in the amount of $1,432.50 for professional services relating to East Aloha Widening Project (MDOT TIP Funding)
- 2018-196: Motion to approve payment to Digital Engineering in the amount of $1,425.75 for professional services relating to Diamondhead Drive West Drainage Study.
- 2018-198: Motion to direct the City Manager to present a plan to consolidate the Diamondhead Fire District into City of Diamondhead organization in accordance with efforts identified by the County Fire District feasibility study.
- 2018-199: Motion to approve Budget Amendments 2018-003-001, 2018-140-05, and 2018-200/140-03.
- 2018-200: Motion to approve the purchase of one Ford Police Interceptor Utility Vehicle from Gray-Daniels Ford in the amount of $27,950 (state contract pricing) and to accept the low quote from Gray-Daniels Ford in amount of $5,625.00 for the patrol package upgrade for a total purchase of $33,575.00.
- 2018-201: Motion to approve Beau Vue Subdivision Phase 2 “Concept Only” Sketch Plan.
- 2018-202: Motion to include Bayou Drive and Vaught Circle Kayak Launch to the current inland marine policy through BXS Insurance at annual premium of $2,000.00
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve June 6, 2018 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes, in the amount of $52,518.73.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT154861– DKT154892) in the amount of $162,201.98.
- Motion to accept May 2018 Financials.
- Motion to accept May 2018 Privilege License Report.
- May 2018 Department Reports:
- Police Department Recap
- Building Department Permitting
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.
- Recess to 5:00 p.m. July 3, 2018 for FY19 Budget Workshop.