REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
Tuesday, June 4, 2019
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember L’Ecuyer
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. CST on in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- May 21, 2019 Regular Meeting.
- Code Enforcement Hearings and Resolutions:
- Public Hearing: A Menace to the Public Health, Safety and Welfare of the Community at addresses listed on Exhibit A.
2019-123: Motion to consider Resolution 2019-018 pursuant to MS Code §21-19-11 finding and adjudicating properties identified in exhibit A, Diamondhead, MS is in such a state of uncleanliness to be a menace to the public health, safety and welfare of the citizenry of the City and authorizing advertisement for bids or quotes to have said land cleared and cleaned and to assess the costs to the said property owner.
- 2019-122: Motion to adopt amendment to Ordinance 2018-02.01 to Regulation of Peddlers and Solicitors.
- 2019-125: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-019 declaring July 4 and July 5, 2019 to be municipal holidays as declare the Governor.
- 2019-131: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-020 thereby abandoning drainage utility easements Gulf Terrace Estates, Phase 1, Lots 8 and 9 (Cox).
- Consent Agenda:
- 2019-124: Motion to approve Addendum to the Work Assignment with James J. Chiniche for the East Aloha Improvement Study for a time extension from June 30, 2019 to December 31, 2019.
- 2019-127: Motion to approve payment to James J. Chiniche in the amount of $1,215.84 for professional services relating to the Devil’s Elbow & Montjoy Creek Improvements (Tidelands 18)
- 2019-128: Motion to approve payment to James J. Chiniche in the amount of $2,063.28 for East Aloha Improvement Study.
- 2019-129: Motion to approve to extend the lease on 2 copiers (finance and police department) for an additional 24 months at the reduced rates of $42.07 each monthly, .0125 and .59 per copies for black and white/color.
- 2019-130: Motion to accept paving improvements from the Hancock County Board of Supervisors in the total amount of $37,781.28.
- 2019-134: Motion to adopt amended budget timeline changing the public hearing from August 26th to August 20th.
- Action Agenda:
- 2019-107: Motion to approve construction plans (general plan) for Beau Vue Phase 2 pending final approval from Digital Engineering.
- 2019-126: Motion to grant a variance from the Zoning Ordinance Article 4.65 E iii) in the matter of Case File 201900185 to construct a screen porch on an existing concrete patio within 11’ of the rear property line on parcel 067R-2-36-109.000 (Tauzin).
- 2019-132: Motion to accept donation of Part of Lot 8 and 9 of Gulf Terrace Estates Phase for rights of entry and permanent drainage easements.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve Payroll Payables “Off Docket” Claims DKT156051 – DKT 156053 in the amount of $10,008.97, PR Claim006 in the amount of $31,75.08 and DKT156055-156062 in the amount of $36,909.61 for the month of May.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims–DKT 156054 and DKT156064– DKT156099) in the amount of 74,214.34.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims–DKT156100) in the amount of $976.47.
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.