REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
June 5, 2018
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Mayor Schafer
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held June 19, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. CST in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- Presentation to Margaret Elaine Schindler of Diamondhead – Youth State Record Silver Perch (Bairdiella chrysoura).
- FY18 Year-end projections – Catherine Konkel, Treasurer
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- May 15, 2018 Regular Meeting.
- 2018-175: Resolution 2018-025 authorizing the submittal of a FY20 Tidelands Grant Application for Montjoy Creek and Devil’s Elbow fishing pier, kayak launch, nature observatory, multi-modal paths and parking and for other related matters.
- 2018-176: Resolution 2018-026 authorizing the submittal of Tidelands Grant Application for planning funds for design of Noma Drive boat launch and fishing pier and for other related matters.
- 2018-177: Resolution 2018-027 authorizing the submittal of DMR Boater Access Grant for Montjoy Creek an Devil’s Elbow fishing pier, kayak launch, nature observatory and for other related matters.
- 2018-188: Motion to adopt Resolution 2018-028 to vacate and/or abandon drainage/utility easement in a paqrts of Lots 27 and part of the south half of Lot 26 Devil’s Elbow Phase 2. (Dubos)
- Action Agenda:
- 2018-178: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $1,575.00 to James J. Chiniche professional services relating to the Vaught Circle Kayak Launch.
- 2018-179: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $3,696.25 to James J. Chiniche for professional services relating to the Bayou Drive Kayak Launch.
- 2018-180: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $2,500 to Pickering Firm for professional services relating to the Diamondhead Drive East Drainage Project.
- 2018-181: Motion to reject bids received for Diamondhead Drive East Drainage Improvements.
- 2018-182: Motion to approve Work Assignment with Pickering Firm in the amount of $21,600 for professional services relating to Diamondhead Drive East Drainage Improvements redesign and CEI.
- 2018-183: Motion to accept the donation of pest control and termite inspection services with an annual value of $893.60 from Philip’s Pest Control Company, LLC.
- 2018-184: Motion to approve revised petition dated 4/26/18 for a variance (Case File 2018-00082) to the Zoning Ordinance (Article 8.4.1 E) to use gravel material for the purpose of making a driveway to store/park a recreational vehicle. (Kroll)
- 2018-185: Motion to approve a petition for a variance (Case File 2018-00140) to the Zoning Ordinance (Article 9.8 J) to build a 6’ wooden privacy fence within 1.9’ of the southwest property line or front yard along Lola Way. (Selig)
- 2018-186: Motion to authorize the City Manager to negotiate with prospective lobbyists/consultants for the City.
- 2018-187: Motion to approve preliminary plan layout and construction plans for the actual improvements construction for Glenn Eagle Subdivision Phase 2 by Elliott Homes, LLC.
- 2018-189: Accept and award the low quote received Morreale Construction in the amount of $24,900 for the construction of the Bayou Drive Kayak Launch Pavilion to be funded with Tidelands 16 Grant Funds.
- 2018-190: Motion to authorize the City Manager to enter into a Master Services Agreement Work Assignment not to exceed $5,000 with James J. Chinche for the design and bid phase for the Ieke Drainage Project.
- 2018-191: Motion to discuss the Leisure and Recreation District.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve May 23, 2018 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes, in the amount of $51,948.13 and to approve June 1, 2018 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $3,782.78.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT154815 – DKT154847) in the amount of $110,601.78.
- Motion to approve APPKT00817 in the amount of $824.32.
- Motion to accept documents for incorporation into the minutes:
- Administration’s response to Councilmember’s questions regarding Kayak Launch Project.
- Public Trust Tidelands Lease (Bayou Drive Kayak Launch).
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.
- Recess to 5:00 p.m. June 19, 2018 Budget Workshop -City Manager’s presentation of preliminary proposed budget.