REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
Tuesday, March 19, 2019
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Depreo
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held Tuesday, April 2, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. CST on in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- Frank Bordeaux, BXS Insurance
- Jason Chiniche – Project Updates
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- March 6, 2019 Regular Meeting.
- 2019-008: Motion to adopt Ordinance 2013.040.1 thereby increasing the solid waste collection fees (fee to be determined, not to exceed $48 annually) effective April 1, 2019.
- 2019-063: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-012 thereby abandoning a 10’ drainage/utility easement on each side of the common property line (parcel 067Q-0-36-253.00) between Lot 5, Diamondhead Phase 1, First Addition to Unit 7, Block 5 and Lot 4, Diamondhead Phase 1, Unit 7, Block 1 in the rear of these lots. (Gerald)
- Consent Agenda:
- 2019-053: Motion to enter into an agreement with Innovative Imaging & Research in the amount of $1,600 for a digital engineering model of the golf course #4 Pines fairway in relation to the Diamondhead Drive Drainage Project and further to authorize the City Manager to execute a work assignment under the Master Services Agreement in the amount of $2,000 to analyze the data.
- 2019-054: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $1,300.00 to James J. Chiniche for professional services relating to Eat Aloha Widening Project. (MDOT)
- 2019-055: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $1,231.06 to James J. Chiniche for professional services relating to Devil’s Elbow/Montjoy Creek Improvements. Tidelands)
- 2019-056. Motion to approve payment in the amount of $1,604.04 to James J. Chinche for professional services relating to Kaleki Way Drainage Project.
- 2019-057: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $3,097.19 to James J. Chiniche for professional services relating to the East Aloha Drive Improvement Study (MDOT)
- 2019-058: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $1,018.50 to Digital Engineering for professional services relating to the GIS Phase 1 Update.
- 2019-059: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $2,021.12 to Pickering Firm for professional services relating to the I-10- Lighting Project.
- 2019-060: Motion to approve payment #5 in the amount of $56,706.19 to Webster Electric for the I-10 Lighting Project.
- 2019-061: Motion to authorize the City Manager to proceed with necessary process to acquire state-owned property.
- 2019-062: Motion to approve the budget amendments.
- 2019-064: Motion to concur with the recommendation of the Planning & Zoning Commission to change the current zoning district classification of tax parcel 132A-2—03-026.007 from PFR (Public Facilities and Recreation to R-2 (Medium Density Single Family) in accordance with Zoning Ordinance Article 2.8 for the purpose of constructing homes for residential sale.
- 2019-066: Motion to authorize the administration to request to MDOT for the East Aloha Widening Project concurrence to utilize the Small Purchase Procedure for construction engineering & inspection and further to select the firm of James J. Chiniche for the consulting services.
- Action Agenda.
- 2019-065: Motion to accept and approve proposals from BXS Insurance with $82,757 for commercial property, equipment, boiler, general liability automobile, professional liability and the addition of cyber and crime coverge and further to authorize the City Manager to execute necessary documents to bind policies.
- 2019-067: Motion to approve Master Service Agreement work assignment with in an amount not to exceed $6,000 for GIS System maintenance for a period of 12 months.
- 2019-068: Motion to authorize the administration to proceed with slab removal process pursuant to MS Code §21-19-11.
- 2019-069: Motion for discussion of Ordinances relating to off-street parking and parking permit.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve March 13, 2019 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $52,124.46.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT155796 – DKT155863) in the amount of $229,895.38.
- February 2019 Financial Reports.
- Departmental Reports for February 2019:
- Privilege Licensing
- Building Department
- Code Enforcement
- Police Department
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.