REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
Wednesday, March 6, 2019
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – L’Ecuyer
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held Wednesday, March 19, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. CST on in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- February 19, 2019 Regular Meeting.
- Public Hearing: Public comments regarding proposed Solid Waste Fee Increase effective April 1, 2019.
- 2019-008: Motion to adopt Ordinance 2013.040.1 thereby increasing the solid waste collection fees (fee to be determined, not to exceed $48 annually) effective April 1, 2019.
- 2019-028: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-008 supporting local and private legislation to allow the governing authority to enact a parks and recreation parcel assessment.
- 2019-050: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-011 authoring application to GRPC MPO for FY2018 Highway Infrastructure Program Funds for the extension of Leisure Time Drive Lane to Park Ten Lanes and for other related purposes.
- Consent Agenda.
- 2019-043: Motion to approve pay request to James. J. Chiniche in the amount of $2,575.00 for professional services relating to the East Aloha Widening Project.
- 2019-044: Motion to approve pay request to James J. Chiniche in the amount of $938.14 for professional services relating to the East Aloha Improvement Study.2019-
- 045: Motion to approved amendment to Jani-King Contract from $1,783 monthly to $2,100 monthly for City Hall janitorial services to include additional square footage for the police department.
- 2019-046: Motion to enter into agreement with Cruisin’ the Coast in the amount of $4,000 for the 2019 Blessing of Classics Event.
- 2019-047: Motion to approve amended Tidelands Trust Fund Applications for reallocation of FY17 funds to FY18 to be amended to $352,233 and reallocation of FY16 remaining funds to FY19 to be amended to $288,032.78.
- 2019-048: Motion to approve Budget Amendments 2019-100-01.
- 2019-049: Motion to accept and award RFP for bank depository services for a 2-year term beginning April 2019 to Hancock/Whitney Bank selecting Option 2 securing a fixed rate of 2.34% and further to authorize Hancock Whitney Bank, The First and the Peoples Bank for investment related activities.
- 2019-051 Motion to authorize the City Manager to seek parcel acquisition/ownership for drainage improvements related to Ieke, Amoka and Kaliki drainage project.
- 2019-054: Motion to concur with the recommendation of the Planning & Zoning Commission to approve the conditional use application from Karen Rice for the development of an assisted living facility in an R-3 Zoning District with conditions – Case File 2019-00048.
- Action Agenda.
- 2019-040: Motion to approve the the Activity Center and Grounds of City Hall Rental application, agreement and procedures.
- 2019-052: Discussion/possible action regarding the development of an Audit Committee and appointing members thereto.
- 2019-053: Motion to enter into an agreement with Innovative Imaging & Research in the amount of $1,600 for a digital engineering model of the golf course #4 Pines fairway in relation to the Diamondhead Drive Drainage Project and further to authorize the City Manager to execute a work assignment under the Master Services Agreement in the amount of $2,000 to analyze the data.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve February 27, 2018 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $51,684.62 and March 1, 2019 Payroll Payables including benefits and taxes in the amount of $4,597.67.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT155766 – DKT155794) in the amount of $23,800.30.
- Motion to approve Docket of Claims (Claim DKT155795) in the amount of $700.03.
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.