REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
Tuesday, May 21, 2019
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Mayor Schafer
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. CST on in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- Presentation of Certificate of Appreciation to Cub Scout Pack 210 (Den Leader Jason Pyron) for constructing and installing birdhouses throughout the City.
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- May 7, 2019 Regular Meeting.
- 2019-121: Motion to adopt Ordinance 2019-003 Procedural Ordinance thereby establishing procedures agendas and meetings of the City Council.
- 2019-111: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-017 designating voting delegates for the 2019 Mississippi Municipal League Election.
- Consent Agenda:
- 2019-112: Motion to enter into a 3-year agreement with C-Spire for fiber optic business internet services in the amount of $199.00 per month.
- 2019-115: Motion to enter into a one-year agreement with annual automatic renewal with de l’ Epée Deaf Center, Inc. for interpreter services on an as-needed basis.
- 2019-117: Motion to enter in agreement with Gulf Regional Planning Commission not to exceed $10,000 for grant writing services for the BUILD Grant application and authorize the City Manager to execute the MOU for same.
- 2019-118: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $3,280 to Pickering Firm for professional services relating to the data engineering model for #4 Pines.
- 2019-122: Motion to accept from Bill and Amelia Bensch the donation consisting of one (1) Santa Claus costume, one (1) Mrs. Claus costume and accessories estimated at a total value of $350.
- Action Agenda.
- 2019-113: Motion for discussion/possible action to authorize the administration to seek proposals from qualified consultants for professional services for the establishment of subdivision regulations.
- 2019-114: Motion for discussion/possible action to authorize advertisement to seek proposals from pre-qualified professional engineering firms to serve as part-time City Engineer.
- 2019-116: Motion to enter into a service agreement with Mississippi Power for license plate recognition hardware, software and maintenance for a term of 60 months at cost of $1,265.00 monthly.
- 2019-119: Motion for discussion/possible action regarding insurance coverage and options for I-10 lighting poles and fixtures.
- 2019-121: Accept and adopt the timeline for the FY20 budget process.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve Payroll Payables “Off Docket” Claims DKT156018 – DKT156020 and PLR Claim 005 for the month of May 2019.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims–DKT156021 – DKT156050) in the amount of $132,608.03.
- April 2019 Financial Reports.
- Departmental Reports for April 2019:
- Privilege Licensing
- Building Department
- Code Enforcement including slab removal status report
- Police Department
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.