REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
Tuesday, November 5, 2019
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Morgan
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. CST in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- City Hall will be closed Monday, November 11, 2019 in observance of Veterans Day.
- Diamondhead Festival & BBQ Competition to be held November 16th from 10 am. – 4 pm.
- Coast Electric Grant Presentation – Ron Barnes, CEO
- Proclamation of the Arts, Hancock County as Local Arts Agency of Record and presentation of same to Steve Barney-President.
- Senator Philip Moran, Legislative Update.
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- October 15, 2019 Special Call Meeting
- October 15, 2019 Regular Meeting
- 2019-271: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-047 to acquire by donation real properties located within the City from Rouse Land Company, LLC, Diamondhead Community Development, LLC, Gem City Properties, LLC and The First.
- 2019-277: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-048 to acquire by quitclaim deed certain real property located within the City from The Peoples Bank.
- 2019-286: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-049 requesting Governor Bryant take immediate action regarding the proposed Mid-Breton Large Scale Mississippi River Diversion Project to Prevent Harm to the Ecosystems of the Chandeleur Sound, the Biloxi Marsh, the Mississippi Sound, and the Fisheries, Tourism and Way of Life that Depend Upon Them.
- 2019-287: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-050 Requesting the Congressional Delegation of the State of Mississippi to take immediate action to repeal Section 20201, Title II, of Public Law 115-13, and to defeat Section 409, HR3697, currently in the Legislative Process of the 116th Congress.
- Consent Agenda:
- 2019-272: Motion to accept the Fy20 Tidelands Grant Award in the amount of $250,000 and to authorize the City Manager to execute the grant agreement.
- 2019-274: Motion to adopt budget amendments.
- 2019-275: Motion to approve payment Linfield, Hunter & Junius, Inc. in the amount of $3,967.50 for professional services relating to the master plan for undeveloped areas.
- 2019-276: Motion to approve payment to James J. Chiniche in the amount of $1,608.75 for professional services relating to Devil’s Elbow Improvements.
- 2019-280: Motion to approve the purchase of one (1) 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 for the Public Works Department through State Contract Pricing No. 8200048291 from Landers Dodge in the amount 18,554.00.
- 2019-281: Motion to accept and approve Memorandum of Understanding and Addendum No. 1 with the University of Southern Mississippi in the amount not to exceed $14,190.00 to conduct a hotel feasibility study.
- 2019-282: Motion to approve Work Assignment with James J. Chiniche in the amount of $7,500 for conceptual rendering and preliminary permitting for the Noma Drive Boat Launch and Pier Improvement Project.
- 2019-283: Motion to approve Work Assignment with James J. Chiniche in the amount of $12,000 for conceptual renderings and preliminary design of the intersection at East Aloha and Sheppard’s Square.
- 2019-284: Motion to declare surplus/obsolete equipment and proceed with proper disposal.
- 2019-285: Motion to accept and award the low bid received from Moran Hauling, Inc. in the amount of $185,586.68 for the East Aloha Widening (MDOT funded) Project.
- Action Agenda.
- 2019-273: Motion for discussion and/or possible action with regards to authorizing the public hearing process in the matter of a proposed text amendment to Zoning Ordinance 5.4 Special Lot and Yard Requirements as is relates to Front Yard Setback Variation Under Devil’s Elbow Covenants.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve Payroll Payables APPKT01136 in the amount of $45,684.95 and PRClaim23 in the amount of $31,836.80.
- Motion to approve Docket of Claims DKT156333-DKT-156585 in the amount of $104,988.31.
- Motion to approve Docket of Claims DKT-156586 in the amount of $1,097.98.
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.