REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
November 6, 2018
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Koenenn
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held November 20, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. CST in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- City Hall will be closed Monday, November 12th in observance of Veteran’s Day.
- Proclaim the City of Diamondhead a Bird Sanctuary and presentation of same to the Diamondhead Garden Club.
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- October 16, 2018
- Tabled Items:
- 2018-285: Motion to authorize payment of FY19 budget allocation in the amount of $30,000 to East Hancock Library.
- 2018-305: Motion to authorize payment of FY19 budget allocation in the amount of $29,000 to East Hancock Library.
- Action Agenda:
- 2018-308: Motion for approval to enter into a 5-year contract in the amount of $281.28 per month with South Mississippi Business Machines for a copier/printer for the Building Department.
- 2018-309: Motion to approve to enter an Agreement to Provide Research, Marketing and Consulting Services with NextSite for a term of three (3) years at a cost of $11,000 annually.
- 2018-310: Motion to approve to enter into contract with Southern Mississippi Planning & Development District in the amount of $6,000 for the development of 5-year road paving plan.
- 2018-311: Motion to approve to enter into contract with Southern Mississippi Planning & Development District in the amount not to exceed $11,250 for economic development support and grant procurement and administration.
- 2018-312: Motion to accept a donation of $500 from CSpire to support the Senior Health & Wellness Fair.
- 2018-313: Motion to amend contract with Universal ComOne an additional $24.00 per month for telephone equipment lease for the police department build out/renovation.
- 2018-314: Motion to activate funding with MDOT for the FY20 Montjoy Creek Pathway Project and to request utilization of Small Purchase Procedures to secure engineering services for the project.
- 2018-315: Motion to accept notice of grant award and grant agreement with assurances with Mississippi Department of Marine Resources for the FY19 Tidelands – Montjoy Creek Restoration and Drainage Improvements.
- 2018-316: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $957.50 James J. Chiniche for professional services relating to East Aloha Widening.
- 2018-317: Motion to approve payment in the 1,837.50 to James J. Chiniche for professional services relating to Amoka Place (Ieke Drive) drainage improvements.
- 2018-318: Motion to approve payment in the amount of $107,508.56 to Webster Electric for the interchange lighting project.
- 2018-319: Motion to authorize hosting 5th Annual Christmas Celebration on the Town Green and further authorize expenses not to exceed the FY19 budget allocation of $4,500.
- 2018-320: Motion to approve budget amendments 2019-300-01, 2019-106-01, 2019-001-200-01, 2019-112, 2019-109-01/110-01 and 2019-113.
- 2018-321: Motion to accept and award the low quote in the amount of $49,860 received from J. O. Collins Contractor, Inc. for the build out of the police department at City Hall and authorize City Manager to execute the contract for same.
- 2018-322: Motion to concur with the recommendation of the Planning & Zoning Commission for denial of the revised petition in the matter of Case File 2018-00374. (Garrard)
- 2018-323: Motion to enter into 3-year agreement with CSpire in the amount of $289.00 per month for fiber optic internet services at City Hall.
- 2018-324: Motion to approve and to authorize payment to CASA of Hancock County in the amount of $1,000 for Defender Level Sponsorship to for the Annual Gala.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims DKT155328–DKT155364) in the amount of $130,371.51.
- Approval of APPKT00891 in the amount of $807.47.
- Motion to approve, October 24, 2018 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes, in the amount of $52,933.02 and November 1, 2018 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes, in the amount of $4,326.03.
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.