REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
Tuesday, October 15, 2019
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember Moran
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held Tuesday, November 5, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. CST in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- Diamondhead Festival & BBQ Competition to be held November 16th from 10 am – 4 pm
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- October 1, 2019 Regular Meeting
- 2019-252: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-044 formally requesting assistance from Diamondhead Water & Sewer District for the installation of meters for use during the Diamondhead Festival and BBQ Competition and for waiving tap fees in the amount of $1,600 for same.
- 2019-255: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-045 authorizing the City Manager to enter into agreement with Municipal Intercept Company, LLC to collect debt as authorized by the Local Government Collection Setoff Act.
- 2019-263: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-046 thereby adopting a Memorandum of Understanding with Other Coast Cities and County Governments to Form a Mississippi Sound Coalition.
- Consent Agenda:
- 2019-253: Motion to approve credit card processing services with OpenEdge (Global Payments) and to authorize the purchase of four (4) processing devices at $625 each for a total of $2,500.
- 2019-254: Motion to designate the City Manager to serve as the Representative for the Gulf Regional Planning Commission Transportation Policy Committee and Technical Coordinating Committee with the Assistant City Manager serving as Alternate.
- 2019-256: Motion to authorize the City Manager to make application and execute same to the Department of Revenue for temporary beer permit in the amount of $10.00 and to the Alcohol Beverage Control Class 1 Temporary Retailer’s Permit in the amount of $35.00 for the Diamondhead Festival and BBQ Competition.
- 2019-257: Motion to approve asset disposal.
- 2019-258: Motion to advance for cashier drawer in the amount of $2,000 for the Diamondhead Festival and BBQ Competition.
- 2019-259: Motion to approve payment to Digital Engineering in the amount of $533.50 for GIS Maintenance.
- 2019-260: Motion to accept the Small Municipalities and Limited Population Grant through MS Development Authority in the amount of $150,000 and acceptance of agreement and statement of assurances and authorize the City Manager to execute all related documents for same.
- 2019-261: Motion to approve the purchase of one Dodge Ram 1500 Quad in the amount of $18,936.00 from Landers Dodge through State Contract 8200048291 for the Building Department.
- 2019-262: Motion to approve the purchase of one Dodge Charger in the amount of $24,690 from Landers Dodge through State Contract 8200048074 for the Police Department.
- 2019-263: Motion to authorize travel for Mike Reso and Jeannie Klein to attend the Mississippi City/County Management Association Annual Conference to be held November 13 – 15, 2019 in Ridgeland.
- 2019-265: Motion to dedicate the Police Department Patrol Room in honor and memory of Captain Al Hermann.
- 2019-266: Motion to approve final payment in the amount of $5,922.50 to Lagniappe Construction for Turnberry Way Drainage (Weir Phase).
- 2019-267: Motion to approve Master Services Agreement Work Assignment with Digital Engineering in the amount of $20,000 for plan review services as needed for FY20.
- 2019-268: Motion to approve Master Services Agreement Work Assignment with Digital Engineering it the amount of $6,000 for GIS System Maintenance for FY20.
- 2019-270: Motion to approve payment to Covington Civil & Environmental in the amount of $4,393.50 for professional services relating to the development of subdivision regulations.
- 2019-271: Motion to approve payment to Covington Civil & Environmental in the amount of $9,556.02 for professional services relating to the Turnberry Way Drainage Project.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve Payroll Payables APPKT011204 in the amount of $35,909.00, PRCLAIM020 in the amount of $31,796.83, PRCLAIM021 in the amount of $4,153.36 and PRCLAIM022 in the amount of $31,603.96.
- Motion to approve Docket of Claims DKT156466-DKT156512- in the amount of $173,716.54.
- Motion to approve Docket of Claims DKT156513 – DKT156519 – in the amount of $26,757.02.
- Motion to Accept September 30, 2019 Financial Statements
- Motion to accept Departmental Reports:
- Building Department
- Police Department
- Privilege License
- Solid Waste
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.