FORMAL MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
October 3, 2017
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember L’Ecuyer
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. CST on October 17, 2017 in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- The City’s Annual Cruisin’ the Coast “Blessing of the Classics” and Cruise-In will be held Wednesday, October 4th from 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- National Night Out will be held 5:30 p.m. on October 9, 2017 at City Hall.
- October 2017 Domestic Violence Prevention Month Proclamation and Presentation to Rene Davis of Gulf Coast Center for Nonviolence
- City Manager’s Report
- Public Comments on Agenda Items
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- September 19, 2017 Formal Meeting
- 2018-008: Motion to adopt Resolution 2018-001 thereby appointing John Kirschenbaum to service a Diamondhead Water and Sewer Commission for a term of 5 years commencing September 29, 2017.
- 2018-009: Motion to adopt Resolution thereby appointing a Kenneth Edmonds, Jr. from Ward 4 to serve on the Diamondhead Water and Sewer Commission.
- Action Agenda:
- 2018-001: Motion to approve annual contribution to the American Red Cross in the amount $500 pursuant to MS Code §21-19-57.
- 2018-002: Motion to approve Recycling Collection Agreement with the Hancock County Regional Solid Waste Authority.
- 2018-003: Motion to accept and award RFPs for Engineering Services Master Service Agreement for providing professional services.
- 2018-004: Motion for discussion/possible action to identify the remaining steps in the City Manager selection process.
- 2018-006: Motion to authorize compensation for 3 officers for traffic control detail for National Night Out Activities on October 9, 2017.
- 2018-007: Motion to authorize interfund loans from General Fund to Fund 106 MDOT Exit 16 Lighting in the amount $400,000, Fund 107 DMR Kayak Launches -Boater Access Grant in the amount of $98,475.00 and Fund 003 Tidelands 16 in the amount of $369,750.00.
- 2018-010: Motion to set the FY18 salary for the Municipal Court Judge to be $19,176.00.
- 2018-011: Motion for discussion/possible action regarding benefits for part-time employees.
- 2018-012: Discussion of Mayor and Council salaries.
- 2018-013: Motion to authorize submission of Grant Application to National Resource Conservation Service for Sub-basin C improvements.
- 2018-014: Motion for the City of Diamondhead to assist East Hancock Library with a book drive on October 21st from 9 a.m.- 3 p.m. at no cost to the City.
- 2018-015: Motion to authorize participation in CASA’s Touch A Truck event to be held October 21st.
- 2018-016: Motion to authorize expenses not to exceed $500 for City Hall and the Diamondhead to purchase items for participation the Trunk or Treat.
- 2018-017: Motion to approve payments to Pickering Engineering for professional services relating to the Exit 16 Lighting MDOT Grant project in the amount of $22,357.47 and $16,682.40 for a total payment of $39,039.87.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve September 27, 2017 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $48,195.42 and October 3, 2017 Payroll Payables, including benefits and taxes in the amount of $3,511.15.
- Motion to approve the Docket of Claims(Claims– DKT154065 – DKT154108) in the amount of $91,711.05.
- Motion to approve APPKT 00707 in the amount of $4,240.00
- Motion to approve APPKT 00708 in the amount of $542.08.
- Public Comments on Non Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.