REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
Tuesday, September 17, 2019
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order,
- Invocation – Councilmember Koenenn
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll CallConfirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. CST in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- National Night Out will be October 14th at 5:30 p.m. City Hall.
- Ronald Jones, Building Official – FEMA CAV Update
- Ronald Jones, Blighted Property/ June 4, 2019 Slab Removal Update
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- September 3, 2019 Regular Meeting
- Code Enforcements Hearings and Resolutions:
- Public Hearing: A Menace to the Public Health, Safety and Welfare of the Community at addresses listed on Exhibit A.
2019-216: Motion to consider Resolution 2019-033 pursuant to MS Code §21-19-11 finding and adjudicating properties identified in exhibit A, Diamondhead, MS is in such a state of uncleanliness to be a menace to the public health, safety and welfare of the citizenry of the City and authorizing advertisement for bids or quotes to have said land cleared and cleaned and to assess the costs to the said property owner
- 2019-212: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-032 Establishing FY20 Compensation for all Employees of the City of Diamondhead.
- 2019-215: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-034 thereby entering in to an Interlocal Agreement with Hancock County (Chancery Clerk) for the collection of delinquent taxes and for other related matters.
- 2019-225: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-035 thereby entering in to an Interlocal Agreement with Hancock County (Tax Assessor/Collector) for the collection of taxes and for other related matters.
- 2019-226: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-036 thereby entering in to an Interlocal Agreement with Hancock County (Tax Assessor/Collector) for the collection of solid waste fees and for other related matters.
- 2019-227: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-037 thereby accepting county land (new library road and East Aloha adjacent to Rouses).
- Consent Agenda:
- 2019-209: Motion to approve to advertise for bids for the FY20 Street Paving.
- 2019-210: Motion to enter into agreement with Municode for agenda and minute software, website design, development and implementation and annual hosting, maintenance and support.
- 2019-213: Motion to abolish $250 monthly police stipend effective December 31, 2019 as requested by Sheriff Adam.
- 2019-214: Motion to approve amended monthly telephone service agreement with CSpire in the amount of $310.60 plus $99.98 for two (2) landlines.
- 2019-217: Motion to approve payment to Digital Engineering in the amount of $1,645.00 for the Road Maintenance and Improvements Project.
- 2019-218: Motion to approve payment to Digital Engineering in the amount of $5,955.00 for plan review services for Prestige Fitness Club and Spa.
- 2019-219: Motion to approve payment to Digital Engineering in the amount of $1,480.00 for GIS Maintenance services.
- 2019-220: Motion to accept Substantial Completion as of September 6, 2019 and punch list for the Diamondhead Drive East Drainage.
- 2019-222: Motion to approve Budget Amendments 2019-17, 2019-18, 2019-19.
- 2019-224: Motion to replace Mayor Schafer on the Diamondhead POA Collaborative Committee and to appoint Mayor Pro Tem Depreo to serve on the committee.
- Action Agenda.
- 2019-223: Motion to authorize the City Manager to pursue acquisition of and obtain two (2) appraisals on Purcell-owned property (Tax Parcel 067F-2-26-107.000) located adjacent to Twin Lakes.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve Payroll PayablesPRClaim 18 in the amount of $4,589.21, PRClaim 19 in the amount of $31,706.59 and Payroll Claims DKT156356 – 156156366 in the amount of $35,139.15.
- Motion to approve Docket of Claims DKT156367 – DKT156376, DKT16378-DKT156409 in the amount of $111,227.08 and Docket of Claims DKT156410 in the amount of $5,955.00.
- August 2019 Financial Reports.
- Department Reports for August 2019:
- Building Department
- Code Enforcement
- Police Department
- Privilege License
- Solid Waste
- Fire Department
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.