REGULAR MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL
Council Chambers, City Hall
and via teleconference, if necessary
Tuesday, September 3, 2019
6:00 p.m. CST
- Call to Order.
- Invocation – Councilmember L’Ecuyer
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Confirm or adjust agenda order
- Presentation Agenda.
- Council Comments
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting will be held Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. CST in Council Chambers located at 5000 Diamondhead Circle.
- Proclaim September 17 – 23, 2019 Constitution Week in the City of Diamondhead
- A.G. Crowe – Shop Local USA
- Rhonda Rhodes, Hancock Resource Center – Blight Elimination Program
- Mayor Schafer – Mississippi Municipal League Update
- City Manager’s Report.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Policy Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes:
- August 20, 2019 Recess Meeting
- August 20, 2019 Regular Meeting
- 2019-200: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-029 Approving and Adopting the FY2020 Budget as Finally Determined by the Governing Authority.
- 2019-201: Motion to adopt the Resolution 2019-030 Setting the Tax Levy for FY2020 at 34.00 Mills.
- 2019-211: Motion to adopt Resolution 2019-031 thereby authorizing a grant for Cooperative Energy for funding in the amount of $25,000 to assist with expenses for site readiness for the I-10 Frontage Road.
- 2017-207: Presentation of proposed Tree Ordinance (Article 11 of the Zoning Ordinance) to be considered for adoption October 1, 2019.
- Consent Agenda:
- 2019-202: Motion to accept the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report FY18 (Fiscal Year ending September 30, 2018).
- 2019-203: Motion to approve payment to James J. Chiniche in the amount of $1,700.00 for professional services relating to research and legal description preparation for the East Aloha Improvements Project.
- 2019-204: Motion to approve payment to James J. Chinche in the amount of $630.00 for professional services relating to the Devil’s Elbow & Montjoy Creek Improvements Project.
- 2019-205: Motion to terminate telephone service with UniversalCom and to enter into an agreement with CSpire to provide telephone services through State Contract pricing (Contract No. 5000/8200039101) in the total amount of $353.02 per month.
- 2019-206: Motion to approve the contract with J. E. Borries, Inc. in the amount of $254,550.00 for Devil’s Elbow Improvements (Tidelands 18) and to authorize the City Manager to execute same.
- 2019-208: Motion to authorize the administration to host the 3rd Annual National Night Out and to allocate funds not to exceed $750.
- Action Agenda.
- 2019-209: Discussion/possible action -Road paving.
- 2019-210: Motion to authorize administration to enter into agreement with Municode for Agenda/Minute Software and Website with hosting services.
- Routine Agenda.
- Motion to approve Payroll Payables PRClaim 16 in the amount of $29,796.20, PRClaim 17 in the amount of $30,920.04, Payroll Claims DKT156311 – 156315 in the amount of $19,76950 and PR Claim APPKT01083 in the amount of $449.09 for the month of August
- Motion to approve Docket of Claims DKT 156316-DKT156354 in the amount of $86,823.42
- Motion to approve Docket of Claims DKT156355 in the amount of $771.15
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items.
- Executive Session, if necessary.